Oats is a versatile ingredient that goes well with any combination. I try to add oats to pretty much everything – dosa, uttapam, idli, chilla or cookies – the options are endless. There is a common belief that oats is a weight loss food and should not be given to babies. That is completely untrue and oats is a wonderful food for babies! Here’s a look at some of the nutritional benefits of oats for children:
- Oats contain more soluble fiber than any other grain.
- It is low in saturated fat and very low in cholesterol and sodium.
- It is rich in manganese and is a good source of thiamine, magnesium and phosphorous.
- Oats is the only cereal containing a legume-like protein as their storage protein.
- Oats protein is equivalent in quantity to soy protein, meat, milk and egg protein.
Choosing the right kind of oats for your baby can be confusing since there are so many types – instant, rolled, steel cut etc. However, we’ve made things a lot simpler for you and you no longer have to do hours of research to buy OATS for your baby – you can get 100% organic certified oats from our Little Moppet Foods Store.
Oats Recipes for Babies and Toddlers
With so many health benefits, you don’t have to think twice about feeding your little one oatmeal – you’re doing the right thing! And with so many different ways to make oats, your picky eater will also have a favorite oats recipe!