This Mango oats porridge for babies recipe is rich in vitamins and minerals! It’s made yummy with the juicy and pulpy mango fruit. This recipe is definitely a good filling breakfast, as it has the fiber rich oats in it. Oats is a best weight gain food for babies. Rolled oats are easier to cook, taking only a few minutes and result in a smooth, soft texture, since they hold more moisture. It’s a rich source of manganese, phosphorous, copper, vitamin B1, iron, zinc etc. Mango is a low-calorie fruit, which is rich in fiber, vitamin A, C etc. It’s highly nutritious and also adds a natural sweetness to the recipe. The sweet smell of the creamy mango “the king of fruits”, makes this recipe even more convincing for babies.
Mango Oats Porridge for Babies
- Oats Cereal – 2tbsp (We have used the My Little Moppet natural oats)
- Mango – 1 medium-sized or 1/2 cup pureed
- Cardamom Powder – A Pinch
Wondering how to get this Organic Oats? Don’t worry, we’ll send it fresh to your doorstep.
1. Wash, peel and cut the mango into slices.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of oats cereal in 1 cup of water.
4. Cook in medium flame, till the mixture thickens.
5. Turn off the flame and add the pureed mango.
6. Mix well and serve warm.
Exclusive breast feeding or formula feeding is only recommended till baby completes 6 months. This recipe is suitable for babies above 6 months. Oats is a staple first food for babies, which is highly nutritious and good for gut health. This recipe is also good for eye health, bone health and the cognitive development of babies. Before introducing this recipe, mango and oats has to be individually introduced. After that, this yummy combo can be given to babies. Mango oats porridge for babies recipe is gluten free and easily digestible for tiny tummies. This wholesome recipe is fiber rich and hence very good to treat constipation.
- Oats Cereal - 2tbsp (We have used the My Little Moppet natural oats)
- Mango - 1 medium-sized or ½ cup pureed
- Cardamom Powder - A Pinch
- Wash, peel and cut the mango into slices.
- Mash with masher and keep the puree aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oats cereal in 1 cup of water.
- Cook in medium flame, till the mixture thickens.
- Turn off the flame and add the pureed mango.
- Mix well and serve warm.