Apple and Oats are very nutritious and high fiber foods, together make a hearty nutritious meal for your baby.Rather than giving as plain apple porridge for babies or oats porridge for babies, this combo works out great.
My son is not very fruit savvy, so I tried out this Apple oats combination and it worked out great. Still, now I make it for him and he calls it the ” White Liquid Kheer ” and doesn’t know what goes into it!!!
Please follow the 3 Day Rule before introducing any new food.
Always sterilize the utensils and equipment needed for cooking baby food.
To know what type of oats for babies, check ” How to select Oats for babies? “
How to make Apple Oats Porridge for Babies
- Half apple
- 100 gm of 100% Organic Oats
1.Wash and Peel half an apple.
2. Chop them into medium sized pieces.
3. In a pan, boil water and add oats to it.
4. Add the chopped apple to the oats.
5. Cook the porridge till the oats are nicely cooked and the apple turns mushy.
6. Blend it in a mixer.
7. Yummy Apple Oats Porridge is ready.
For Toddlers, 50 ml of milk can be added in last and allowed to boil for a minute and switch off the gas.
Nutritional Information of Oats & Apple
- 100 gram of oats yield 389 Kcal of energy
- Oats contain more soluble fiber than any other grain. It is low in saturated fat and very low in cholesterol and sodium.
- It is rich in manganese and a good source of thiamin, magnesium and phosphorous.
- Oats are the only cereal containing a legume like protein as their storage protein.
- Oats protein is equivalent in quantity to soy protein, meat, milk and egg protein.
- Apples are good sources of dietary fiber and Vitamin C.
- Dietary fiber helps in prevention of constipation.
- Energy – 52 kilocalories per 100gm.
For more baby food recipes, visit Recipe Index.
Is you baby 8 months older then check out our Apple Finger Foods Recipes
To receive the updates directly to your inbox, sign for our newsletter for free Here. We promise not to spam your inbox 🙂
Apple Oats Porridge Recipe
- Half apple
- 100 gm Oats whole or powdered
- 1 cup of water
- Wash and peel the apple.
- You can either chop the apple into small pieces or grate the apple.
- Boil the water and add the oats to the boiling water.
- After the oats have mixed well add the apple and cover with a lid.
- Switch off the gas after the apple and oats are well cooked.
- Blend it in a mixie. If you use powdered oats then blending is not necessary