If you’re looking for delicious and healthy banana recipes for babies and kids, look no further! These 3 Banana Recipes for Babies and Kids [Tasty & Healthy Banana Recipes] are easy to make, and your little ones will love them.
Banana is a great food for babies and kids. They are tasty, nutritious, and easy to prepare. In this post, we have compiled three wholesome and yummy banana recipes for babies and kids. These simple recipes will please even the pickiest eaters. We hope that you and your children will enjoy them!
Health Benefits of Banana
- Bananas are a good source of potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin C, and fiber.
- They help to aid healthy weight gain in children.
- They are also good for cardiovascular health as they contain antioxidants that protect the cells against damage.
- Banana is a fruit that is rich in dietary fiber which helps to maintain the developing digestive system.
- The nutrients present in bananas can help in promoting healthy blood pressure, muscle function, nerve function, and heart health.
- They are also a good source of vitamin E and manganese.
- Bananas are filling and can prevent hunger pangs.
- They contain tryptophan, an essential amino acid that helps in the production of serotonin.
- Bananas are a good source of energy and can help the kid to stay active and alert throughout the day.
Banana Bar Recipe
Banana Bars are a simple and delicious dessert that can be made in minutes. They’re perfect for any occasion, and they’re easy to customize to fit your preferences or allergies. These yummy bars are a classic dessert that can be enjoyed as a delicious breakfast as well. This recipe is simple to follow, and uses ingredients that are easily accessible. Not to mention, it’s budget-friendly – making it a perfect choice for a special occasion or a quick breakfast. Let’s get started!
- 1 large or 2 small bananas
- 2 cups of oats
- ½ cup curd
- 1/3 cup jaggery powder
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup slivered Almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Line a baking pan with a parchment paper or grease it.
2. In a grinder jar add all the ingredients except almond slivers.
3. Pulse to get a smooth batter. You may add little milk if the batter is very dry.
4. Spoon out the batter in to the lined baking pan. Garnish with almond slivers.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes. Insert a toothpick to know if it’s done – if it comes out clean and relatively dry, it’s ready.
6. Allow to stand for 10 minutes. Cut into bars of desired length and serve. Refrigerate the remaining bars.
7. Age Recommendation – above 8 months.
Ragi Banana Halwa
Ragi Banana Halwa is a popular Indian dessert that is made from ragi (a type of millet) flour and bananas. For babies above 1 year jaggery and nuts powder can also be added in this recipe. If you are tired of feeding your baby bland food? Try out this delicious, healthy, and stimulating Ragi Banana Halwa today!
- 2 tablespoon Ragi flour / powder
- 1 cup water or as required
- 1/2 ripe banana pureed
- 1 teaspoon ghee (homemade)
Wondering how to get this ragi powder ? Don’t worry, we’ll send it to you! We prepare it fresh as soon as you place your order and deliver it straight to your doorstep.
1. In a saucepan dissolve 2 tablespoon ragi powder in 1 cup water and blend well to get a lump free batter.
2. Heat the sauce pan on low to medium flame. Keep stirring continuously as the ragi mixture gets cooked, around 2-3 minutes.
3. Add banana puree followed by ghee.
4. Mix well and cook further for 1-2 minutes or until desired consistency is attained. Turn off the flame.
5. Serve the Ragi Banana Halwa warm to baby.
6. Age Recommendation- above 8 months
Kerala Banana Ghee Fry for Babies
Looking for a healthy and nutritious banana recipes for babies & kids? Check out this Kerala banana ghee fry! This simple dish is packed with nutrients and can be enjoyed as a side or even as a main snack.
The main ingredient banana is high in potassium (which helps regulate blood pressure), vitamin C (improve immunity), dietary fiber (important for regular digestion), antioxidants (protects cells from damage), lauric acid (a natural anti-inflammatory agent), and vitamins B6 and B12 (. These essential vitamins help keep the nervous system functioning properly).
Kerala banana ghee fry is one of the perfect banana recipes for babies and kids. It’s healthy, tasty, and easy to make. All you need are some bananas, some ghee, and some spices. Here’s how it works,
- Ripe Kerala Banana peeled – 1
- Ghee – 1tbsp
- Cardamom – a pinch
1. Slice the banana into small pieces.
2. Heat ghee in a pan.
3. Add banana slices.
4. Flip occasionally.
5. Roast till it turns golden brown.
6. Add a pinch of cardamom.
7. Yummy Banana ghee fry is ready to serve.
In this article we have shared some of the best banana recipes for babies and kids. You can also try these recipes at home to witness the delicious results. These banana recipes for babies and kids not only taste great but are also safe and nutritious. Enjoy cooking!
Frequently Asked Questions
When to introduce banana to babies?
Bananas are good to be introduced as first foods to babies. It can be introduced after 6 months completion.
Which Indian banana is good for babies?
In general, small varieties of bananas are said to be the sweetest and easily digestible. Most importantly, small varieties aren’t hybrid and hence safe for babies. Yelaki, Matti and Hill banana are most popular among them. And these are the best suitable for babies.
Can babies eat one banana every day?
Yes, it’s safe for babies to eat one small banana daily. But while introducing for the first time, please give little and then gradually increase the quantity.
Does banana increase weight in babies?
Yes, bananas are carbohydrate rich and good to provide energy and healthy weight.
Is a banana a day too much sugar?
No, it’s highly nutritious and good for babies.
Banana Bar Recipe
- 1 or 2 Bananas Small
- 2 cups Oats
- ½ cup Curd
- 1/3 cup Jaggery Powder
- ¼ cup Oil
- ¼ cup Slivered Almonds
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Line a baking pan with a parchment paper or grease it.
- In a grinder jar add all the ingredients except almond slivers.
- Pulse to get a smooth batter. You may add little milk if the batter is very dry.
- Spoon out the batter in to the lined baking pan. Garnish with almond slivers.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes. Insert a toothpick to know if it's done – if it comes out clean and relatively dry, it's ready.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes. Cut into bars of desired length and serve. Refrigerate the remaining bars.
- Age Recommendation – above 8 months.
Ragi Banana Halwa
- 2 tbsp Ragi flour / powder
- 1 cup Water or as required
- 1/2 1 Banana Pureed
- 1 tsp Ghee homemade
- In a saucepan dissolve 2 tablespoon ragi powder in 1 cup water and blend well to get a lump free batter.
- Heat the sauce pan on low to medium flame. Keep stirring continuously as the ragi mixture gets cooked, around 2-3 minutes.
- Add banana puree followed by ghee.
- Mix well and cook further for 1-2 minutes or until desired consistency is attained. Turn off the flame.
- Serve the Ragi Banana Halwa warm to baby.
- Age Recommendation- above 8 months
Kerala Banana Ghee Fry for Babies
- 1 Ripe Kerala Banana peeled
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 pinch Cardamom
- Slice the banana into small pieces.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add banana slices.
- Flip occasionally.
- Roast till it turns golden brown.
- Add a pinch of cardamom.
- Yummy Banana ghee fry is ready to serve.
Almas Hussain says
I love ur efforts
Thank you 🙂