Groundnut porridge powder is an excellent choice for babies starting from 8 months of age and serves as a convenient and nutritious travel food option.
How to make Groundnut Porridge Powder at home?
Wheat 60 g.
Green gram dal or Moong Dal 25 g.
Groundnut 15 g.
Methods of preparation:
1. Begin the preparation of the groundnut porridge powder recipe by dry roasting wheat, green gram dal, and groundnuts.
2. After roasting, individually grind each of the roasted ingredients to a fine powder for the Groundnut Porridge powder preparation.
3. Thoroughly mix the powdered roasted ingredients together
4. Transfer the thoroughly mixed groundnut porridge powder into a dry and airtight container for storage
How to cook the instant groundnut porridge?
- Take about 4 Table spoons of mix.
- Add 100 ml of boiled hot water to get a thick consistency. Please stir continuously as you mix water with the powder to prevent lump formation
- Add a teaspoon ghee to increase the energy content.
- Feed the infant with the spoon.
- The instant groundnut porridge can also be fed to the child after reconstituting with dal, water, gravy, milk etc.
- Mashed fruit (Banana, Chiku, Papaya, Mango, etc.could also be added to the food).
No time to prepare this powder at home? Don’t worry, we prepare it hygienically and ship it to your doorstep
Nutritive value per 100 gms :
Protein 17 .13 g.
Iron 4 .61 mg.
Carotene 50 .65 μg
This is one of the post for the Travel Series, do check out our tips for travelling with kids, instant recipes for babies and toddlers, kids friendly travel destinations, kids travel accessories for Hassle Free Travel with Kids.
Groundnut Wheat Porridge Powder Recipe
- Wheat 60 g.
- Green gram dal or Moong Dal 25 g.
- Groundnut 15 g.
- Roast wheat , green gram dal and groundnuts
- Powder these roasted ingredients separately.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Store in dry and airtight container.
To receive the updates directly to your inbox, sign for our newsletter for free Here. We promise not to spam your inbox ?