If you’re looking to add some variety to your baby’s daily porridge routine, incorporating dalia powder might just do the trick. You’re probably feeding your baby ragi porridge every day and wondering why he’s turning up his nose at it. However, it’s important to remember that babies, just like adults, can get bored with the same flavors day in and day out.
At times, introducing different tastes and textures becomes essential to prevent your little one from developing a lifelong aversion to certain foods. While it may seem challenging to bring variety to something as simple as porridge, we can assure you that it’s absolutely possible.
If you’re seeking inspiration, we have an extensive collection of 15 instant porridge recipes that can serve as a fantastic starting point for creating a diverse meal plan for your baby. And today, we’re excited to add a new recipe to our porridge series: the Instant Elaichi Wheat Porridge/Dalia Powder! This recipe specifically caters to the requests of many moms who were looking for a dalia-based option.
By incorporating dalia powder into this recipe, you’ll not only introduce a nutritious element to your baby’s diet but also infuse a delightful twist into their mealtime routine. So go ahead and give this Instant Elaichi Wheat Porridge/Dalia Powder recipe a try, and watch your little one enjoy a delicious and wholesome meal!
Please note that this porridge is a little lumpy, so it is better suited to babies above 8 months of age. If your baby has developed the necessary chewing and swallowing skills, this textured porridge will be a great addition to their meal repertoire.
Instant Elaichi Wheat Porridge/Dalia Powder
- Wheat dalia – 40 g
- Roasted Fried Gram – 20 g
- Elaichi/Cardamom – 2 to 3 pods
1. To begin preparing for the dalia powder recipe, dry roast the ingredients separately.
2. Grind all the roasted ingredients together, to a powder.
3. Store in an airtght box. It will last for 1 month under clean and dry storage conditions.
No time to prepare this powder at home? Don’t worry, we prepare it hygienically and ship it to your doorstep
To make Instant Elaichi Wheat Dalia Porridge for Babies:
1. Take approximately 4 tbsp of the porridge powder mix in a heat proof bowl.
2. Add 100 ml of hot boiled water and stir well to get a thick consistency.
3. Add a teaspoon of oil or ghee to increase the energy content.
When cool, feed the porridge to your baby with a spoon. This instant dalia powder porridge can also be fed to the child after reconstituting with dal, water, gravy, milk, etc. Take up the nutritional quotient by adding mashed fruit like banana, chikoo, papaya, or mango. See, there are so many ways to make a plain old porridge interesting with the addition of dalia powder!!
Instant Elaichi Wheat Dalia Porridge Powder Recipe
- Wheat dalia - 40 g
- Roasted Fried Gram - 20 g
- Elaichi/Cardamom - 2 to 3 pods
- Dry roast the ingredients separately.
- Grind all the roasted ingredients together, to a powder.
- Store in an airtght box. It will last for 1 month under clean and dry storage conditions.
- To make the porridge, take 4 tbsp of the porridge powder mix in a heat proof bowl.
- Add 100 ml of hot boiled water and stir well to get a thick consistency.
- Add a teaspoon of oil or ghee to increase the energy content.