Quick and easy porridge recipe, made from pre-measured ingredients and can be easily stored in your luggage! Perfect for on-the-go! It’s our Instant Poha Moongdal Porridge Powder for babies [Easy Porridge Recipe for Travel]. We hope that this recipe brings a smile on your face. It tastes delicious and can be enjoyed by your kids warm or chilled after making it at home. Instant poha moongdal porridge powder for babies is suitable for babies above 6 months. If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to make porridge for your baby or child on long travels, instant poha moongdal porridge powder is the perfect solution! Read on to learn the health benefits it has and how to make it!
Nutritional Benefits of Poha and Moongdal
- Poha is a healthy source of carbohydrates and easily digestible. It’s a good probiotic food which is good to control blood sugar levels.
- Poha is an energy rich food, which is high in carbohydrates, iron and B Vitamins.
- Moong dal is nutrient rich. It improves the functioning of the cholecystokinin hormone, boosts blood circulation and aids digestive health.
- They are also a good source of minerals like magnesium, potassium, and manganese.
- They are packed with vitamins like A, B1, B2, B6, and C.
- They are also rich in protein, dietary fiber and have a low glycemic index.
Instant Poha Moongdal Porridge Powder for Babies [Easy Porridge Recipe for Travel]
How to make Instant Poha Moongdal Porridge Powder?
- Poha / Rice Flakes – 100 g.
- Moong dal – 30 g.
Method of preparation
1. Roast moong dal until it get’s golden brown colour.
2. Roast Poha until its slightly brownish.
3. Grind the ingredients individually and mix thoroughly.
4. Store in a dry airtight container.
5. Add hot water to a tablespoon of the powder when needed, fruit purees can be added for sweetness.
How to make instant poha moongdal porridge?
1. Take one tablespoon of the power.
2. Add piping hot water little by little and mix well without lumps.
3. Cover the bowl and let it sit for 5 minutes.
4. Healthy instant poha moongdal porridge is ready now.
Incase, the baby refuses to eat plain instant poha moongdal porridge, you can always spice up its taste by adding some honey (for babies above 1 year). For babies above 6 months fruit purees or vegetable purees can be added as a natural sweetener. For babies above 8 months, dates powder can be added as a natural sweetener. Traveling can be a hectic and tiring experience. But with this Instant Poha Moongdal Porridge powder, you can make a quick and easy breakfast that your baby or child will love! So what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Which poha is best for babies?
Both red and white, thin and thick poha are generally nutritious. If compared, red poha is nutritious than white poha.
Is moong dal good for babies?
Moong dal is protein and vitamin rich. It’s highly nutritious and loaded with several health benefits. It’s easily digestible and good for babies.
What can I add to porridge for taste?
For babies above 6 months fruit purees or vegetable purees can be added as a natural sweetener. For babies above 8 months, dates powder can be added as a natural sweetener. Jaggery or honey can also be used after 1 year.
What is natural instant porridge?
Natural instant porridge is made with healthy, natural ingredients. The ingredients are roasted well and powdered. Porridge can be quickly made during travel, just by adding piping hot water.
Can I give instant porridge to my baby?
Yes, instant porridge is good to be given to babies if it’s natural with no preservatives, sugar or additives.
Instant Poha Moongdal Porridge powder for babies [Easy porridge recipe for Travel]
- 100 g Poha / Rice Flakes
- 30 g Moong dal
- Roast Poha and Moong dal separately.
- Grind the ingredients individually and mix thoroughly.
- Store in a dry airtight container.
- Add hot water to a tablespoon of the powder when needed,fruit purees can be added for sweetness.
- How to make instant poha moongdal porridge?
- Take one tablespoon of the power.
- Add piping hot water little by little and mix well without lumps.
- Cover the bowl and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Healthy instant poha moongdal porridge is ready now.
Have no time to make instant mixes? Don’t worry, we’ll make it fresh & deliver it straight to your doorstep.