It is the chikoo season here and hubby picked up a bag of chikoos from the market. While I am not a great fan of this fruit but my husband loves them. To polish off the lot, I tried different recipes with the chikoo fruit like puree, milkshake, porridge.
Summer is here, if your kids want a cold drink and then definitely you can try this chikoo milkshake or sapota milkshake.
Health Benefits of Sapota/Chikoo/Sapodilla for Toddlers & Kids
- It has high fiber content and aids easy digestion and prevents constipation.
- The fruit is rich in Vitamin A and C.
- The fruit is an excellent source of Iron, copper and potassium.
- It is also effective home remedy against cold and cough
- It helps in developing a good immune system for babies.
How to make Chikoo Milkshake / Sapota Milkshake for Babies
- 1 ripe chikoo/ sapota
- 50 ml breast milk or formula.
- Wash the chikoo well in water.
- Cut into two.
- Remove the seeds.
- Scoop out the flesh from the fruit.
- Blend it with breast milk or formula.
- After the chikoo is blended with the milk, serve the baby.
Do also see Chikoo Puree or Sapota Puree for Babies
Chikoo Milkshake / Sapota Milkshake Recipe for Toddlers & Kids
- 2 ripe Chikoo/Sapota
- 150 ml Milk
- Sugar (as required)
1. Wash the chikoo well in water.
2. Cut into two
For babies above 1 year,if needed Jaggery powder can also be added instead of sugar. For my toddler I gave without sugar and we had it with sugar.
To receive the updates directly to your inbox, sign for our newsletter for free Here. We promise not to spam your inbox 🙂
- 2 ripe chikoo / sapota
- 150 ml Milk
- Sugar (if needed)
- Wash the chikoo well in water and cut into two halves.Remove the seeds
- Scoop out the flesh with a spoon (if it is ripe, the flesh can be scooped out easily)
- Blend the chikoo flesh, milk and sugar (if adding) till completely mixed.
- Serve chilled.
If needed Jaggery powder can also be added instead of sugar. For my toddler I gave without sugar and we had it with sugar.