Do you know that sprouted ragi millet can help in weight gain? Here is the detailed recipe of Sprouted Ragi Milkshake for Toddlers| Weight gaining food for kids [Sugar Free Recipe], which can help in weight gain by making a healthy, refreshing ragi milkshake recipe for toddlers to adults.
Toddlers are growing so fast and their appetites are also on the rise. To help them stay healthy and fit, it’s important that they get their daily intake of nutrients. And one of the best ways to do that is by including sprouted ragi millet in their diet. Sprouted ragi millet is a nutrient-rich whole grain that is high in protein and fiber. It also contains antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins. Here we tell you how to make a healthy shake for toddlers that includes sprouted ragi millet. Keep reading to find out how!
Health Benefits of Sprouted Ragi
Ragi is the best weight gaining food for babies, which is rich in calcium, iron, vitamins and amino acids. Sprouting helps in increasing the bioavailability and absorption of the nutrients which are essential for the growth and development of kids. It also helps in reducing the anti-nutrients. Sprouting of ragi makes it easily digested by the tiny tummies.
Ragi Milkshake benefits
- Ragi Milkshake is a filling food that also digests easily.
- Being gluten-free, it helps maintain a healthy weight.
- Ragi helps your baby to improve strength, rather than gaining weight.
- Ragi is rich in fiber and calcium along with a lot of vitamins and minerals.
- It is also a good source of iron
Why is Sprouted Ragi better than normal Ragi ?
- Sprouting increases the Iron content by 10 times than normal ragi.
- Sprouting also increases the vitamin B12, mineral and essential nutrients content.
- Sprouting also helps the body to easily absorb the nutrients and so sprouted ragi is very nutritious to baby and toddlers.
- Sprouted Ragi Has higher levels of fibre and protein than non sprouted ones.
How to make Sprouted Ragi Milkshake for Toddlers ?
Ingredients of Sprouted Ragi Milkshake
- Sprouted ragi powder – 4 Tbsp
- Water -1/2 cup
- Jaggery – 2 tbsp
- Cocoa powder – 1 tsp
- Dry fruit powder – 2 tsp
- Milk – 1 cup
On low flame, add sprouted ragi powder with water and mix well.
Keep stirring without lumps until it thickens.
Add jaggery and cocoa powder.
Add water if required and stir continuously.
Add Dry fruits powder.
In a blender, add the ragi mixture and blend.
Add Milk and whisk.
Sprouted Choco Ragi Milkshake is ready.
This yummy healthy ragi milk drink is easy to make and is sure to leave the kids satiated and happy. Plus, it’s also a great option for kids who are fussy and choosy. So, whether you are looking for a healthy snack for your toddler or an easy after school health drink that your kid can enjoy, give our sugar-free recipe a try!
Frequently Asked Questions
Does ragi help in weight gain in babies?
Yes, ragi is filled with fibre, calcium, iron, and vitamins. Being a nutrient-rich super food, it definitely helps in healthy weight gain if babies.
Can we feed Ragi to babies daily?
Yes, ragi is highly nutritious and can be given daily
What is the right age to introduce ragi?
Ragi can be introduced to babies after 6 months completion
Is ragi hot or cold for the body?
Ragi is the best winter food as it has the ability to keep the body warm. But it’s good to be given in moderation during winter as well.
How to eat Ragi for Weight Gain ?
Ragi can be consumed as ragi powder, ragi munnde, ragi dosa, ragi cookies, ragi porridge etc.
Sprouted Ragi Milkshake for Toddlers| Weight gaining food for kids [Sugar-Free Recipe]
- On low flame, add sprouted ragi powder with water and mix well.
- Keep stirring without lumps until it thickens.
- Add jaggery and cocoa powder.
- Add water if required and stir continuously.
- Add Dry fruits powder.
- In a blender, add the ragi mixture and blend.
- Add Milk and whisk.
- Sprouted Choco Ragi Milkshake is ready.