Chikoo is also known as Sapota or Sapodilla. It is widely available in the Indian Subcontinent and Central America.
When Can I give my Baby Sapota/ Chikoo / Sapodilla?
Chikoo or sapota or sapodilla can be given after 7 months for babies.
Health Benefits of Sapota/Chikoo/Sapodilla for Babies, Toddlers Kids
- It has high fiber content and aids easy digestion and prevents constipation.
- The fruit is rich in Vitamin A and C.
- The fruit is an excellent source of Iron, copper and potassium.
- It is also effective home remedy against cold and cough
- It helps in developing a good immune system for babies.
How to make Chikoo/Sapota/Sopadilla Puree for Babies?
1. Cut the chikoo into half.
2. Remove the seeds.
3. Mash with a fork or blend in a blender.
4. A little breastmilk or formula can be added to enhance the taste.
To receive the updates directly to your inbox, sign for our newsletter for free Here. We promise not to spam your inbox 🙂
- 1 chikoo
- Cut the chikoo into half.
- Remove the seeds.
- Mash with a fork or blend in a blender
- A little breastmilk or formula can be added to enhance the taste.