Embark on a delightful journey with chikoo for babies, also known as Sapota or Sapodilla. This wonderful fruit, cherished in the Indian Subcontinent and Central America, offers a treasure trove of nutrition for your little one. Treat your baby to the wholesome goodness of Chikoo, a truly delightful and healthy choice.
When Can I give my Baby Sapota/ Chikoo / Sapodilla?
Chikoo for babies, also known as Sapota or Sapodilla, can be introduced after they reach 7 months of age. Unveil the perfect time to give your baby the delightful and nutritious Chikoo experience they’ll love.
Health Benefits of Sapota/Chikoo for Babies, Toddlers Kids
- It has high fiber content and aids easy digestion and prevents constipation.
- The fruit is rich in Vitamin A and C.
- The fruit is an excellent source of Iron, copper and potassium.
- It is also effective home remedy against cold and cough
- It helps in developing a good immune system for babies.
How to make Sapota/Sopadilla/Chikoo Puree for Babies?
1. To start preparing chikoo for babies, slice the fruit in half to make it baby-friendly and safe for consumption.
2. Remove the seeds from the Chikoo and slice the fruit in half, ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience for your little one.
3. Mash the fruit with a fork or blend it in a blender to create a smooth and palatable texture for your little one’s delight. Enjoy the nourishing goodness of Chikoo in a baby-friendly form!
4. Enhance the chikoo for babies: To add a flavorful touch, incorporate a little breastmilk or formula while mashing or blending the fruit. This not only enhances the taste but also provides familiar and nourishing elements for your little one’s enjoyment.
To receive the updates directly to your inbox, sign for our newsletter for free Here. We promise not to spam your inbox 🙂
Chikoo/Sapota /Sapodilla Puree
- 1 chikoo
- Cut the chikoo into half.
- Remove the seeds.
- Mash with a fork or blend in a blender
- A little breastmilk or formula can be added to enhance the taste.