This Indianized pancake recipe for 7 month old offers a delightful twist without baking powder or eggs. Perfect for fussy eaters, its sweet flavor lures toddlers to enjoy their meal. Additionally, these pancakes make excellent finger food, ensuring a fun and nutritious dining experience. Try our pancake recipe and make mealtime a joy!
Wheat Pancake Recipe For 7 Month Old
- 1 cup organic wheat flour (atta)
- Jaggery syrup (100% organic)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
Enjoy a nourishing pancake recipe using wholesome wheat flour, organic jaggery syrup, fennel seeds, and ghee. It’s a delicious and nutritious treat for your little one!
- Prepare Jaggery syrup by heating organic jaggery until it melts into a syrup.
- Mix the wheat flour and jaggery syrup together in a bowl.
- Add the aromatic fennel seeds to the mixture.
- Gradually add water to achieve the desired batter consistency.
5. If desired, you can keep the batter overnight for breakfast preparation.
6.Heat a tawa (griddle) and sprinkle a small amount of ghee on it.
7. Spread a ladleful of batter onto the tawa, shaping it into a pancake.
- Cook both sides of the pancake until golden brown and thoroughly cooked.
- Once cooked, your nutritious Wheat Pancake is ready to be served.
- For an extra delightful combination, serve the pancake with a side of kheer
Wheat pancake recipe in its Indianized version is unique in the sense that it does not use baking powder.
Whole wheat has a good balance of carbohydrates protein and dietary fiber.
Jaggery is a medicinal sugar and it is a natural sweetener.
Jaggery is rich in iron content. Babies up to 1 year have increased the incidence of anemia and by adding jaggery to food items can help combat anemia.
Recipe by Kanika Aggarwal Garg
Kanika has a masters in computer science and now a stay at home mom to 15-month cute little boy Onish 🙂
She loves to cook and tries new and yummy recipes to make her fussy toddler to eat.