Rice (Brown) makes the baby’s perfect first food due to its dense natural nutrition and fiber. Rice is the Staple food of our nation and introducing chawal ka paani or rice soup after 6 months is an ideal choice. Please don’t forget the 3 day rule before introducing any new food.
How to make Rice Soup/Chawal Ka Paani for Babies
The best recommended rice is the Organic Brown Rice.But Since I didn’t have stock I have used white rice for this recipe.
- 3 Tbsp of Rice
- 9 Tbsp of water
Sterilize all the utensils either using a Sterilizer or by placing the utensils in boiling hot water.
Check out our recipe video here for more instructions:
100 gms of rice yield about 365 kcal of energy
Brown rice is rich in selenium, magnesium, fiber, and is a natural antioxidant.
To receive the updates directly to your inbox, sign for our newsletter for free Here. We promise not to spam your inbox 🙂
Chawal Ka Paani / Rice Soup
- 3 Tbsp Rice
- Required Water
- Take 3 tbsp of rice in a bowl and add water. Soak the rice for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash the rice in running water and add add water 3 times that of rice. (3:1)
- Place the bowl in the flame and cook it.
- You can cook with or without the lid, be careful while cooking as the water may foam outside.
- Switch off the flame after the rice is nicely cooked as shown in the below picture.
- Mash the contents with masher or thick spoon. Mash while it is hot, since it will be difficult to make a paste after it has become cold.
- Remove the water with little of mashed rice as shown in the below picture
- Your "Rice Soup" is ready