Rice (Brown) makes the baby’s perfect first food due to its dense natural nutrition and fiber. Rice is the Staple food of our nation and introducing rice soup after 6 months is an ideal choice. Please don’t forget the 3 day rule before introducing any new food.
How to make Rice Soup/Chawal Ka Paani for Babies
The best recommended rice is the Organic Brown Rice.But Since I didn’t have stock I have used white rice for this recipe.
- 3 Tbsp of Rice
- 9 Tbsp of water
Sterilize all the utensils either using a Sterilizer or by placing the utensils in boiling hot water.
Check out our recipe video here for more instructions:
100 gms of rice yield about 365 kcal of energy
Brown rice is rich in selenium, magnesium, fiber, and is a natural antioxidant.
To receive the updates directly to your inbox, sign for our newsletter for free Here. We promise not to spam your inbox 🙂
- 3 Tbsp Rice
- Required Water
- Take 3 tbsp of rice in a bowl and add water. Soak the rice for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash the rice in running water and add add water 3 times that of rice. (3:1)
- Place the bowl in the flame and cook it.
- You can cook with or without the lid, be careful while cooking as the water may foam outside.
- Switch off the flame after the rice is nicely cooked as shown in the below picture.
- Mash the contents with masher or thick spoon. Mash while it is hot, since it will be difficult to make a paste after it has become cold.
- Remove the water with little of mashed rice as shown in the below picture
- Your "Rice Soup" is ready
Organic · FSSAI Certified · NABL Lab certified Buy Sprouted Sathumaavu Health Mix powder for Babies / Homemade Cerelac Dry Fruits Powder for Babies/Toddlers Pancake Mixes for Toddlers