Rice water soup, a recommended first food for babies, offers essential nutrients and aids digestion. Introduce this nourishing milestone after six months, ensuring gradual adaptation to solids. Consult your pediatrician for personalized guidance on incorporating this hydrating and antioxidant-rich soup. Embrace healthy eating habits and support your baby’s growth with rice water soup.
How to make Rice water Soup/Chawal Ka Paani for Babies
Nourish your baby with organic brown rice water soup, a gentle introduction to solid foods. This traditional dish, also known as kanji or congee, offers easily digestible nutrition. Cook rice in water to create a fortified broth with added veggies or mild spices for flavor and nutrients. Its mild taste and smooth texture introduce new flavors and textures to your baby. While organic brown rice is preferred for its nutrient content, white rice can be a suitable alternative. Nourish your baby’s growth with comforting rice water soup, packed with essential nutrients.
Ingredients for Rice Water Soup:
- 3 tablespoons of rice
- 9 tablespoons of water
Sterilization of Utensils:
To ensure proper hygiene, sterilize all the utensils either by using a sterilizer or by placing them in boiling hot water. This step helps maintain cleanliness and prevents any contamination.
Soaking the Rice
1. Take 3 tablespoons of rice in a bowl and add water. Soak the rice for 15 to 20 minutes. This soaking process allows the rice to soften and release its nutrients.
Washing and Cooking the Rice
2. Wash the soaked rice under running water and add water three times the amount of rice (3:1 ratio). This ensures the rice is properly cooked and retains its nutritional value.
3. Place the bowl of rice and water on a flame and cook it. You can choose to cook it with or without a lid, but be cautious as the water may foam outside.
Properly Cooked Rice
4. Once the rice is nicely cooked, as shown in the picture, switch off the flame. The cooked rice should have a soft texture and be easily mashed.
Mashing the Rice
5. Mash the cooked rice using a masher or a thick spoon. It is advisable to mash it while it is still hot, as it becomes more challenging to achieve a smooth consistency once it cools down.
Removing Excess Water
6. Remove the water along with a little bit of the mashed rice, as shown in the picture. This step helps achieve the desired consistency for the rice water soup.
Finalizing the Rice Water Soup
7. Your “Rice Water Soup” or “Chawal ka Paani” is now ready to be served to your baby. The soup can be given to the baby slightly warm, allowing them to gradually adapt to its bland taste.
Mashed Rice Variation
As your baby grows, you can introduce mashed rice alongside the rice water soup. This provides a different texture and encourages them to explore new tastes and textures in their diet.
By following these simple steps, you can prepare nutritious rice water soup for your little one. The soup serves as an ideal option for introducing solids and supporting their healthy growth and development.
Embracing Rice Water Soup for Your Infant’s Nutritional Journey
Introduce nutrient-rich rice water soup, “Chawal ka Paani,” for your baby’s solid food journey. Packed with selenium and magnesium, it supports growth and cell protection. Its fiber content aids digestion and prevents constipation. Opt for organic brown rice to maximize nutritional benefits. Embrace this flavorful tradition and nourish your baby’s well-being. Enjoy the wonders of rice water soup in their mealtime experiences.
Check out our recipe video here for more instructions:
Nourish and Thrive: Embracing Rice Water Soup for Your Baby
In conclusion, rice water soup, or “Chawal ka Paani,” is a nourishing and gentle choice for introducing solid foods to your baby. Embrace it as a regular part of their diet to foster healthy eating habits and provide essential nutrients. Enjoy bonding over shared meals and cherish this special time of nourishment. Trust your instincts, seek guidance, and savor the joy of watching your baby thrive with rice water soup.
- Rice water soup is a low-calorie option, typically containing around 25-30 kcal per 100g.
- It is a good source of carbohydrates, providing energy for your baby’s growth and development.
- Rice water soup is naturally gluten-free and contains dietary fiber, supporting a healthy digestive system and regular bowel movements.
To receive the updates directly to your inbox, sign for our newsletter for free Here. We promise not to spam your inbox 🙂
Chawal Ka Paani / Rice Soup
- 3 Tbsp Rice
- Required Water
- Take 3 tbsp of rice in a bowl and add water. Soak the rice for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash the rice in running water and add add water 3 times that of rice. (3:1)
- Place the bowl in the flame and cook it.
- You can cook with or without the lid, be careful while cooking as the water may foam outside.
- Switch off the flame after the rice is nicely cooked as shown in the below picture.
- Mash the contents with masher or thick spoon. Mash while it is hot, since it will be difficult to make a paste after it has become cold.
- Remove the water with little of mashed rice as shown in the below picture
- Your "Rice Soup" is ready