Puffed rice is nutritious and can be easily made into tasty recipes. It is nutritive with good amounts of vitamin D, calcium, iron, and fiber. The most important point is that it easily gets digested and also helps in aiding tremendous energy to babies. Puffed rice can be made into different snack recipes like puffed rice balls, After 8 months puffed rice can also be given as an energy giving finger foods for babies. We have added the weight gaining ingredient bengal gram to the puffed rice and made into instant porridge powder. Hence this recipe helps in gaining healthy weight in babies. The Puffed Rice porridge can be given to babies from 7 months. It is also an ideal travel food for tiny tummies.
How to make Instant Puffed Rice Porridge at Home?
- Puffed Rice – 100 grams.
- Bengal Gram – 30 grams.
- (Roasted & de-husked)
Have no time to make instant mixes? Don’t worry, we’ll make it fresh & deliver it straight to your doorstep.
1. Heat a pan.
2. Add puffed rice and saute.
3. Add Roasted gram and saute.
4. Let the mixture cool.
5. Add the mixture in a grinding jar.
6. Grind well.
7. Puffed rice powder is ready.
8. You can store it in an airtight container for 3-4 Months.
How to Make Puffed Rice Porridge?
1. Take 2 tbsp. of Puffed rice porridge powder.
2. Add piping hot water to the mixture.
3. Stir without lumps.
4. Travel friendly Porridge is ready.
For babies above one year, the same porridge can also be made with cow’s milk instead of water. This recipe is a instant nutritious handy meal which is so convenient to carry around during travels.
Have no time to make instant travel mixes? Don’t worry, we’ll make it fresh & deliver it straight to your doorstep.
Nutritive value per 100 gms :
Protein 10 .96 g.
Iron 7 .26 mg.
Carotene 26 μg
This post is part of our Travel Series. Do check it out for more articles and tips for traveling with kids, instant recipes for babies and toddlers, Homemade travel food ideas, Tips to entertain toddlers while traveling, kid-friendly travel destinations, Kids travel accessories, Kids travel checklist, Road trip with kids and much more.
Instant Puffed Rice Porridge for Babies
- Puffed Rice - 100 grams.
- Bengal Gram - 30 grams.
- Roasted & de-husked
- Heat a pan.
- Add puffed rice and saute
- Add Roasted gram and saute.
- Let the mixture cool.
- Add the mixture in a grinding jar.
- Grind well.
- Puffed rice powder is ready.
- You can store it in an airtight container for 3-4 Months.
- How to Make Puffed Rice Porridge?
- Take 2 tbsp. of Puffed rice porridge powder.
- Add piping hot water to the mixture.
- Stir without lumps.
- Travel friendly Porridge is ready.