Tomato is the main ingredient in this recipe. The highest vitamin C content of tomatoes, gives it the immunity increasing quality. It also has several other health benefits like preventing constipation, maintaining the eye, skin and the bone health, preventing cancer etc. Tomatoes are good to be added in baby foods after 6 months itself. This tomato soup is in tangy flavor and savory as well. It can be given as a wholesome, yummy and comforting soup.
Creamy Tomato Soup for Babies
- Tomatoes – 3
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Jeera powder – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
1. Chop the tomatoes.
2. In a pan, add the tomato pieces and water. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
3. Let it cool.
4. Peel the skin and remove the seeds.
5. Blend the tomato pieces to make puree.
6. In a pan, add tomato puree and cook for 2 minutes.
8. Stir well.
9. Add butter and cook for 3 minutes.
10. Tangy tomato soup is ready.
This recipe is suitable for babies above 6 months. Salt is not to be added in baby foods till 6 months and hence unsalted butter should be used. Salt can be added if this recipe is made for toddlers, kids or adults. If tomato is new to the baby, give very little while introducing and then gradually increase the quantity. This homemade fresh soup is a great healthy choice of adding tomatoes in baby, toddler, and Kid’s diet. The smooth buttery texture of this recipe makes it a best choice of yummy mouthwatering appetizer.
- Tomatoes - 3
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Jeera powder - ½ tsp
- Pepper powder - a pinch
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Chop the tomatoes.
- In a pan, add the tomato pieces and water. Cook for 5-10 minutes
- Let it cool.
- Peel the skin and remove the seeds.
- Blend the tomato pieces to make puree.
- In a pan, add tomato puree and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add jeera powder, pepper powder and turmeric.
- Stir well.
- Add butter and cook for 3 minutes.
- Tangy tomato soup is ready.