Chickpea Recipe for Baby: Nourishing Beetroot Chickpea Puree for Tiny Tummies
Babies have tiny tummies, but it’s essential to pack nutrients into their meals. Enter our winner: beetroot chickpea puree! This creamy blend requires just 3 ingredients, yet it’s a nutritional powerhouse. Beetroots offer minerals, vitamins, and lysine for blood purification, heart health, strong bones, and immunity. Check our other beetroot recipes – beetroot potato puree, beetroot halwa, carrot beetroot soup. Ready to learn how to make this amazing beetroot chickpea puree for babies? Let’s get started!
Chickpea Recipe for Baby: Beetroot Chickpea Puree
- 1/4 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 beetroot
- 1/4 cup curd
1.Rinse and soak the chickpeas in enough water for 8 hours. Drain, rinse and put the chickpeas in a steel vessel.
2. Wash, peel and chop the beetroot into small chunks.
3. Pressure cook beetroot chunks and chickpeas in separate containers.
4. Once cool, blend the cooked beetroot and chickpeas along with curd.
5. Add boiled water as needed to attain a puree consistency and blend again to get a lump free smooth puree.
6. Serve immediately. You can add a small pinch of jeera powder if you like.
There are many ways you can use this beetroot chickpea puree. Serve it as it is to baby, or mix with steamed or ghee rice. It’s also a good idea for fussy toddlers, considering the vibrant pink color is so attractive! You can use it as a spread on bread or toast or use it as a dip for finger food and as a dressing for salads. The chickpea’s high protein and fiber content makes this a filling meal, while the curd offers a cooling effect along with probiotic properties. The perfect dinner for your little one to keep her full so she can sleep well till next morning!
Beetroot Chickpea Puree
- • 1/4 cup chickpeas
- • 1/2 beetroot
- • 1/4 cup curd
- Rinse and soak the chickpeas in enough water for 8 hours.
- Drain, rinse the chickpeas and place them in a container.
- Wash, peel and chop the beetroot.
- Pressure cook beetroot chunks and chickpeas in separate containers.
- Allow to cool them.
- Blend the cooked beetroot, chickpeas along with curd in a blender jar.
- Add boiled water as per need to attain a puree consistency and blend again to get a lump free smooth puree.
- Serve warm