Beetroot potato puree for 6 months baby makes a yummy meal for babies after the completion of six months.
After introducing the veggie puree separately, 2 or 3 veggies can be combined together to make a yummy meal. Already I have posted potato puree for baby recipe, this is an interesting potato baby puree combinations, the reason why I combined both is that the fiber in the beet will compensate for the gaseous tendency of potato.
Please don’t forget to follow the 3 Day Rule before starting any new food, in this case, please ensure that you have already given beetroot and potato separately before combining them together.
When Can I give my Baby Beetroot?
Beetroot can be given after introducing all the first foods, it can be given after completion of 6 months.
Health benefits of Beetroot for Babies
1. Beetroots are high in fiber and prevent constipation.
2. Beetroots are rich in calcium, potassium and vitamin A.
3. Beetroots are also rich in Iron.
4. They are also Immune boosting food.
Beetroot Potato Puree for 6 Months Baby
- Half Potato
- Half Beetroot
1. Cut a medium sized beetroot and potato into a half.
2. Peel the skin and wash it under running water.
3. Chop them into small cubes.
4. Place them in a katori and inside a pressure cooker filled with water.
5. Allow 2 to 3 whistles.
6. Switch off the flame and remove the katori.
7. Since the beetroot was not cooked soft, I ran the beet and potato in a blender. Some types of beetroot cook nicely others don’t, if it is cooked to a soft consistency, you can mash them with a thick spoon or masher.
8. If it is thick in consistency, add breastmilk or formula feed to make it runny. A pinch of jeera powder can also be added for improving the flavor.
9. Beetroot Potato Puree for 6 months baby is ready!!!
Is your Baby 8 months old then you can check out our
Check out our recipe video here for more instructions:
Beetroot Potato Puree for 6 months Baby Benefits
100 gm of beetroot yields 43 kilocalories
Beetroot is an excellent source of folate and manganese.
100g of Potatoes yield 77kcal of energy.
The potato is rich in minerals, vitamins and also an assortment of phytochemicals such as carotenoids and natural phenols.
The Potato is best known for its carbohydrate content, a medium-sized potato contains about 26 gms.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is potato good for 6 month old baby?
Yes, potato can be given for 6 month old baby. Please do use caution before giving as some babies might face gas issues
How do I make 6 month old potatoes?
You can make as potato puree for 6 month old, once your baby is used to potato you cna try beetroot potato puree for 6 months baby
Is Beetroot good for baby ?
Yes beetroot is extremely good for babies as they excellent source of folate and manganese.
How do I give my 6 month old beetroot?
You can give your 6 month beetroot in form of beetroot puree. You can also make beetroot potato puree
How do I introduce beets to my baby?
You can introduce beets to your baby in form of beetrrot puree, small steamed beet sticks
Hope you liked this simple beetrrot potato puree for 6 months baby. Do let us know if you have any questions !
Beetroot and Potato Puree Recipe
- Half Potato
- Half Beetroot
- Wash and peel the skin of Potato and beetroot.
- Chop them ti fine pieces
- Place them in a Katori in a cooker filled with water.
- Allow 3 to 4 whistles
- Check whether beetroot is cooked well.
- You can either mash with a masher or blend it in a mixer
- A pinch of jeera powder can be added to enhance the taste