Dessert preparation for a baby is a nerve-racking issue. This beetroot halwa uses the basic ingredients and it is very easy to prepare also and equally nutritious….
- 1 medium size beetroot
- 1 Tsp of powdered organic jaggery (for babies above 1 year)
- 1 tsp of ghee
100 gm of beetroot yields 43 kilocalories
Beetroot is an excellent source of folate and manganese.
For more baby food recipes, visit Recipe Index.
If you like this article, Subscribe to our Newsletter here to receive regular updates for free. We Promise not to spam your inbox!!
- 1 medium sized beetroot
- 1 teaspoon organic jaggery (for babies above 1 year)
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- Almonds for garnishing
- Wash and peel the beetroot.
- Chop them into small pieces.
- Steam the beetroot in a cooker or bowl filled with water.
- Puree the steamed beetroot.
- In a
kadai, heat a teaspoon of ghee.
- Add in the beet puree and saute till raw smell leaves.
- Add jaggery powder to the
- Add a pinch of elaichi powder and saute well.
- Saute till ghee leaves the halwa
A little breastmilk can be added to make it a little watery.
Half a teaspoon of dry fruits powder can be added