Introducing the colorful and nutritious Carrot Beetroot Soup for Babies! In many Indian homes, while white rice cereal is often the preferred choice for a baby’s first food, root vegetables like potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, and beets come as a close second. These naturally sweet and visually appealing vegetables not only add a splash of color to your baby’s meals but are also easy to cook, puree, and rarely cause allergies.
When selecting root vegetables, opt for firm ones with blemish-free bright skin, and be sure to wash them properly before preparing them for your little one. Today’s recipe features a combination of two brightly colored vegetables – carrots and beets – in the form of a healthy and delicious Carrot Beetroot Soup for Babies. This nutrient-rich soup offers a range of health benefits that contribute to the growth and well-being of your growing baby.
So, get ready to introduce your little one to the delightful flavors and benefits of Carrot Beetroot Soup. It’s a fantastic addition to their mealtime repertoire!
Nutritional Benefits of Carrot Beetroot Soup
- Carrots are rich in beta carotene which turns into Vitamin A in the body, an essential nutrient for good eyesight.
- Carrots also help to strengthen the immune system, keeping babies safe from illnesses.
- Beetroots are good in iron, which aids in brain development
- Beets are rich in vitamins A, B complex, C, E and K
- Carrots and beets are rich in fiber, making for normal and soft bowel movements.
Carrot Beetroot Soup for Babies
- 1 medium sized carrot
- 1 medium sized beetroot
Carrot Beet Soup for Babies
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium beetroot
- Clean and peel the carrot and beetroot and cut into small cubes.
- Steam both together in a pressure cooker. Allow 4 to 5 whistles as beetroot may take time to cook.
- Once the cooked vegetables cool, you can either blend and strain or mash it and use your hands to squeeze out the liquid.
- You can also add a pinch of jeera/cumin powder for seasoning. The soup can be warmed a little and then served.