Dates are a type of fruit that is high in sugar and provides many health benefits for babies. They are the best natural sweetener to be given to babies between 6-12 months old. Dates are a great source of nutrients and minerals for babies, but they’re often frowned upon because they can be a choking hazard. But you don’t have to give your baby up on dates just yet! In this article, you’ll learn how to make dates puree for 6+ months babies [Iron rich healthy natural sweetener for baby food] without any trouble at all!
Health Benefits of Dates for Babies
Giving dates puree can help to improve a baby’s development in several ways,
- It helps to provide them with important nutrients, such as potassium and magnesium.
- It helps to improve their overall digestion and absorption of food.
- It improves their immune system by providing them with antioxidants.
- It helps to reduce fussiness and crying in infants.
- Dates are iron rich and helps to prevent anemia.
- Dates puree is high in vitamin C and contain a lot of other essential nutrients that your baby needs for healthy development.
- Giving dates to your baby is a great way to provide them with important vitamins and minerals, as well as tons of antioxidants. Dates have also been shown to help promote brain growth and development, improve infant vision, and reduce the risk of allergies and asthma.
How and when to introduce dates to Babies?
For babies above 6 months, dates can be introduced in pureed form. After 8 months, dates powder can be introduced. And after 1 year dates syrup can be given. When introducing dates to your baby, it’s best to start gradually. You can blend them into oatmeal or with the other porridge varieties. As long as you introduce dates slowly and carefully, your baby will enjoy them and be getting all the benefits they need!
1. Deseed the dates.
Soak dates in hot water for 30 minutes.
Add soaked dates in to a grinder jar and grind.
You can add few tablespoon of the leftover water to make a smooth puree.
This recipe is suitable for babies above 6 months.
This dates puree is super easy to make and gives a gentle kick in the right amount of sweetness as well as iron-rich goodness that keeps babies’ energy levels soaring!
If you have tried it, drop us a line and tell us how it went in the comments section below!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I give dates to 6 month baby?
Yes, dates puree can be added as a natural sweetener in baby foods after 6 months. Moderation is the key.
What can be used as sweetener for baby food?
Dates powder can be used as a natural sweetener for babies above 8 months. Fruit puree, dates puree or vegetable puree can be added as a natural sweetener from 6 to 8 months. After 1 year, jaggery can be used as a natural sweetener.
Is date paste healthier than sugar?
Yes, dates is the healthiest option when compared to the processed white sugar, as it is pure and natural.
Are dates high in sugar?
Yes, Dates is high in natural sugar and loaded with nutrients. So it’s the best healthy sweetener if given in moderation.
Can dates increase weight?
Dates is a calorie rich natural sweetener and hence the best for healthy weight gain in babies.
Can dates be used as a sweetener for babies?
Yes, Dates is the best nutritious natural sweetener for babies.
Can you puree dates for baby?
Yes, dates can be pureed and added in baby foods as a natural sweetener after 6 months. While introducing give little and then gradually increase the quantity. This can help to rule out allergic reactions.
Dates Puree for 6+ Months Babies
- Deseed the dates.
- Soak dates in hot water for 30 minutes.
- Add soaked dates in to a grinder jar and grind.
- You can add few tablespoon of the leftover water to make a smooth puree.
- This recipe is suitable for babies above 6 months.