Making kids eat veggies is a herculean task, so we have to disguise in different forms to make them eat.
So here is how Kanika makes her toddler, Onish eat carrot as Sweet Carrot Rice.
Sweet Carrot Rice Recipe
- 2 carrots peeled and grated
- 1 cup rice washed and soaked for 20 minutes
- 3/4 cup sugar or jaggery
- 1/2 inch piece of cinnamon
- Almond silvers(as per choice)
- Cashew silvers(as per choice)
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2 cups water
- Heat ghee in a kadai.
- Saute almonds and cashew in it.
- Once a little brown remove from the kadai and keep aside.
- In the same kadai add a little more ghee and add cinnamon.
- Let it cook for a minute.
- Add grated carrot and cook till its done.
- Now add water to it, once the water starts boiling add rice to it.
- Cover with a lid.
- Add sugar when rice is half done.
- Give it a stir and let the rice cook.
- Once cooked garnish with roasted almonds and cashew.
100gm of carrots yield 41 kcal
Carrots are an excellent source of beta-carotene which turns into vitamin A in the body.
Carrot also promotes a strong immune system and contains phytochemicals in it.
Carrots are rich in fiber and prevent constipation in infants. They also contain iron, calcium and vitamin C.
Recipe by Kanika Aggarwal Garg
Kanika has a masters in computer science and now a stay at home mom to 15 month cute little boy Onish
She loves to cook and tries new and yummy recipes to make her fussy toddler to eat.
Have you downloaded our FREE EBOOK ? No!! then download our 50 Baby food recipe eBook for free Here.