Carrots make a good first vegetable for infants due to the nutrition, taste and texture. Most babies like the taste of this carrot juice, because they have a natural preference for sweets.
Instead of pureeing the carrots, once in a while carrot juice can be given to the infants. Just 2 teaspoon of the juice once or twice a week can be given, as higher quantity may precipitate constipation or diarrhea. Unlike other juices, it is not acidic, it is easy on the infant’s stomach.
Please don’t forget the 3 Day Rule before introducing any new food.
When Can I give my Baby Carrot Juice?
Carrot juice can be given to babies after the 6th month. About 2 to 4 ounces can be given.
Benefits of Carrot Juice for Babies
1. Carrots are an excellent source of beta-carotene which turns into Vitamin A in the body.
2. Carrots are rich in fiber and help in easy digestion.
3. Carrots are also rich in Iron, calcium, and vitamins.
How to make Carrot Juice for my Baby?
How to make Carrot juice
Sterilize all the utensils either using a sterilizer or by placing the utensils in boiling hot water.
2. Peel the skin.
4. After washing your hands with disinfectant, take the grated carrot in your palm, make a fist and squeeze the carrot so that the juice can be collected in a cup underneath.
5. Squeeze the juice out of the carrot till only the chaff remains.
Nutritional Information of Carrots
100gm of carrots yield 41 kcal
- Carrots are excellent source of beta-carotene which turns into vitamin A in the body
- Carrot also promotes a strong immune system and contains phytochemicals in it.
- Carrots are rich in fiber and prevent constipation in infants. They also contain iron, calcium and vitamin C.
To receive the updates directly to your inbox, sign for our newsletter for free Here. We promise not to spam your inbox 🙂
- 1 medium sized carrot
- Sterilize all the utensils either using a sterilizer or by placing the utensils in boiling hot water.
- Select a Medium sized carrot.
- Peel the skin.
- With a handy grater, grate the carrot. (a grater that has small holes is preferred)
- After washing your hands with disinfectant, take the grated carrot in your palm, make a fist and squeeze the carrot so that the juice can be collected in a cup underneath.
- Squeeze the juice out of the carrot till only the chaff remains.