This No Sugar Sweet Milk Rice Recipe is a simple way to get your little one to take milk – without resorting to synthetic ‘health drinks’ or milk additives!
One of the most frequently asked questions from our Moms and Dads is about how to get their kids to drink milk. This is a war that is waged across households in India – for generations now!
Some kids might be fussy about drinking milk and the first resort for parents is the ‘health drinks’ advertised on TV. As we know, most of these are laden with sugar and chemical additives and are not at all a healthy option for growing kids. A healthier alternative is going for natural health mixes that can be included in milk to make it tastier and nutritious. Another option is to make dishes based on milk.
Of course, the first thing that comes to mind may be milk-based desserts, but most of these need lots of added sugar. So skip them – instead, try our simple No Sugar Sweet Milk Rice Recipe – easy to make and very delicious!
No Sugar Sweet Milk Rice Recipe for Kids
Wondering how to get this Organic Jaggery ? Don’t worry, we’ll send it to you! We prepare it fresh as soon as you place your order and deliver it straight to your doorstep.
1. Add rice in pressure cooker.
2. Add water.
3. Let it cook for 3-4 whistles.
4. Take a cup of cooked rice and Mash well.
5. Add warm milk and jaggery.
6. Mix well and add milk to adjust consistency.
7. Add ghee and a pinch of cardamom powder for seasoning.
8. Serve warm.
This no sugar sweet milk rice recipe is suitable for babies above one year. We have added organic jaggery which is high in antioxidants and minerals. It can help to increase the total count of hemoglobin in the blood. So now you have an easy way to include milk in your child’s diet, without needing any extra sugar!
- Rice - 6 Tbsp
- Boiled milk - 2 Tbsp
- Jaggery - 2 Tsp
- Ghee -1/4 Tsp
- Cardamom powder - A pinch
- Add rice in pressure cooker.
- Add water.
- Let it cook for 3-4 whistles.
- Take a cup of cooked rice and Mash well.
- Add warm milk and jaggery.
- Mix well and add milk to adjust consistency.
- Add ghee and a pinch of cardamom powder for seasoning.
- Serve warm.