When I first searched how to make vegetable stock I thought it might be a big procedure requiring lot of time. But when I actually made it, it was so easy and a good base for all soups and curries.
This vegetable stock can be frozen and thawed when needed.
How to make Vegetable Stock for Babies and Toddlers?
- 1 large onion
- 2 large carrots
- 1 bunch bulb of spring onions
- 8 cloves of garlic – minced
- A small piece of ginger grated
- 2 bay leaves
- A pinch of salt
- Oil – 1 tablespoon.
1. Chop the vegetables into 1 inch cubes
2. Heat oil in a pot.
3. Add all the veggies, cook in for 5 minutes.
4. Add the water and salt.
5. Allow it to simmer for around 30 minutes in low heat.
6. Strain the vegetables by pressing down in a sieve.
7. The stock can be frozen in a ice tray, after it is fully frozen can be transferred to ziplock bag and can be used to thin out puree, add to porridges etc.
To know how to make more healthy soups for kids , Click Here
Love this Post ? Connect with us :
Subscribe to our Emails.
Connect with us on PINTEREST!
Join our awesome group of parents
Organic · FSSAI Certified · NABL Lab certified Buy Sprouted Sathumaavu Health Mix powder for Babies / Homemade Cerelac Dry Fruits Powder for Babies/Toddlers Pancake Mixes for Toddlers