When I first searched how to make vegetable stock I thought it might be a big procedure requiring lot of time. But when I actually made it, it was so easy and a good base for all soups and curries.
This vegetable stock can be used to thin out purees, can be added to all Vegetable Soups, curries, khichdi and Porridges.
This vegetable stock can be frozen and thawed when needed.
How to make Vegetable Stock for Babies and Toddlers?
- 1 large onion
- 2 large carrots
- 1 bunch bulb of spring onions
- 8 cloves of garlic – minced
- A small piece of ginger grated
- 2 bay leaves
- A pinch of salt
- Oil – 1 tablespoon.
1. Chop the vegetables into 1 inch cubes
2. Heat oil in a pot.
3. Add all the veggies, cook in for 5 minutes.
4. Add the water and salt.
5. Allow it to simmer for around 30 minutes in low heat.
6. Strain the vegetables by pressing down in a sieve.
7. The stock can be frozen in a ice tray, after it is fully frozen can be transferred to ziplock bag and can be used to thin out puree, add to porridges etc.
To know how to make more healthy soups for kids , Click Here
Love this Post ? Connect with us :
Subscribe to our Emails.
Connect with us on PINTEREST!
Join our awesome group of parents
My baby is 6 months completed and he is not getting filled with milk alone. He cries for every half an hour. So, I give him 4 times of solid food instead of 2. Please advise me on this. I am confused about it.
Which vegies I can use for vegetable stock as my baby is nine months old
I made Vegetable stock as instructed by you. It tastes yummy. But for how long this can be kept in freezer. In How many days we need to finish this/life of veg stock ?
Dr Hemapriya says
Happy to know you like it 🙂 You cna freeze it for 15 – 30 days, and thaw only the portion you need and not the entire batch