This chicken stock recipe is designed for babies and toddlers and it serves as a versatile base for many other soups.
Like vegetable stock chicken stock can be used for thinning out purees, can be added to chicken soup and increase the nutritional value of simple foods.
The chicken stock can be frozen and used when needed.
Chicken Stock Recipe
- 250 gms chicken
- 1/2 cup carrot chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- Bunch of coriander stalks roughly chopped,
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 cups of water
- Add the chicken into a large stock pot along with the water and add carrot, onion, coriander.
- Simmer the flame and bring the stock for the few boils.
- Stir occasionally and add salt, minced garlic and bay leaf.
- Cover and cook in low flame for an one hour.
- Remove the chicken and vegetables
- Strain the mixture.
- Skim off the fat from surface.
- Allow to cool and pour the chicken stock into the jars.
Love this Post ? Connect with us :
Subscribe to our Emails.
Connect with us on PINTEREST!
Join our awesome group of parents
How long this an be preserved and how?
Dr Hemapriya says
Dear I recommend it is not preserved fro more than few hours, as for children it is best to give fresh food.
Is this suitable for a 6months old baby
For how many days this can be reserved?