Muskmelon or Kharbuja as it is called in hindi, is a seasonal fruit that is common in India during the summer months.
Can I give my Baby Muskmelon or Kharbuja ?
The flesh of muskmelon is juicy and succulent and can be given as small pieces or as puree for Babies.
The Muskmelon or Kharbuja can be given after 6 months and after introducing the first weaning foods for Babies.
Nutritional Benefits of Muskmelon/ Cantaloupe
The muskmelon is loaded with nutrients and has many health benefits
- They are rich in antioxidants.
- They help relieve indigestion and have soothing effect on the digestive system
- They are rich in fiber help prevent constipation
- They are rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Potassium.
How to give Muskmelon for Babies?
Muskmelon or Kharbuja can either be given as
- Muskmelon Puree
- Small cut Pieces of Muskmelon
- Muskmelon Milkshake with breast milk or formula
How to make Muskmelon / Kharbuja Puree for Babies?
1 Small Ripe Muskmelon
1.Peel the muskmelon and cut into small pieces
2. Mash them either with spoon or fork to form puree.
3. The Puree can be thinned out by adding breastmilk or formula.
Travel with Ecoware
We went on a short road trip last week and my daughter hates taking muskmelon as small pieces so while travelling in the car, I cut the muskmelon and made a puree in the Ecoware Bowl and fed my baby. Easy isn’t’ !!! If you want to use ecofriendly disposable tableware during travel then Ecoware is a great choice.
- 1 Small Ripe Muskmelon
- Peel the muskmelon
- Cut into small pieces.
- Mash them into soft puree with help of spoon or fork
- Breast milk or Formula can be added to thin it out