You can’t go wrong with this Green gram Puree for babies. Packed with protein, this is a filling, nutritious meal that also aids weight gain in babies.
Helping your baby get the required protein intake can be difficult, especially if you’re vegetarian or your baby refuses foods like eggs and meat. That’s when lentils like green gram come to the rescue! Today, we have a nutritious green gram puree for babies, a creamy dish that is rich in protein, vitamins and minerals.
Green gram puree can be given to babies after 6 Months of age.
Green Gram Puree for Babies
- Green Gram – 3 Tbsp
- Garlic – 1 Clove
- Jeera Powder – A Pinch
- Ghee – 1 Tsp
- Water – 1 Cup
1. Add ghee in a heated pressure cooker.
2. Add the soaked green gram (Wash and soak the green gram for 2 to 3 hours).
3. And then add garlic and jeera powder in the green gram.
4. Roast for few seconds.
5. Add water to it.
6. Cook in medium heat for 3-4 whistles.
7. Mash well and transfer it to a container.
8. Green gram puree is now ready to be served.
Green gram is the best plant protein food. This wholesome puree can be given as a meal by itself, but you can also mix it up with some rice. Spices can be gradually introduced in baby foods after 6 months. We have added garlic and jeera powder here to help build immunity, ease digestion process and also add flavor to the food.
Green gram Puree for baby [Weight gaining Protein-Rich Homemade Puree]
- Green Gram - 3 Tbsp
- Garlic - 1 Clove
- Jeera Powder - A Pinch
- Ghee - 1 Tsp
- Water - 1 Cup
- Add ghee in a heated pressure cooker
- Add the soaked green gram (Wash and soak the green gram for 2 to 3 hours)
- And then add garlic and jeera powder in the green gram
- Roast for few seconds
- Add water to it.
- Cook in medium heat for 3-4 whistles.
- Mash well and transfer it to a container.
- Green gram puree is now ready to be served.