It is same as the normal one with a slight improvisation to make it more soft.
How to make Steamed Dosa for Babies?
Dosa batter – 1 Ladle
Ghee – 1 tsp
How to make Dosa Batter
Making Dosa batter is very easy, there are 2 methods
4 cups of Idli Rice
1 cup of Urad dal (whole)
1 tsp of Methi Seeds
Soak Rice and Dal seperately for 3 hours and grind them separately. Whole urad dal works out very well if you don’t get it, then spilt urad dal also can be used. First grind the dal, it must not be in very smooth consistency, then gind rice to a smooth consistency and mix them. Add water as needed. Add salt and allow them to ferment in a large bowl in a warm place for 6 to 8 hours until the batter raises up.
If Idli Rice is not available, then
3 cups of Rice
1 cup of Urad dal
2 tbsp of Poha
1 tsp of Methi Seeds
Soak the Rice in hot water and Dal in normal temperature water. All other procedure are same as above except you can soak Poha 15 minutes before grinding.
Please note – Please remove a small quantity of batter without adding salt for babies.
Method for making Steamed Dosa
1. Sterilize all the utensils that are being used for cooking and serving using either Sterilizer or boiling them in hot water.
2. Heat the Tawa.
3. After it is hot, spread out the batter just a small circle.
4. After the holes arise pour ghee around the sides and over the dosa.
5. Cover it with a lid and cook.
6. After a minute or so, lift up the lid, you can see a spongy dosa, remove it.
7. Steamed Dosa is ready.
8. For babies who are starting solids, at first mix it with little hot water mash and feed. After 7th month you can feed dosa with Chutney powder for babies or tomato onion chutney for babies.
The approximate calorie intake for 1 small dosa is around 100 calories.
To read about more easy recipes for your babies, follow me on Google+, Twitter, Pinterest or like my facebook page My Little Moppet
To receive more recipes directly to your inbox, sign for our newsletter for free Here. We promise not to spam your inbox 🙂
- 1 cup Batter
- ¼ teaspoon ghee
- Sterilize all the utensils that are being used for cooking and serving using either Sterilizer or boiling them in hot water.
- Heat the Tawa.
- After it is hot, spread out the batter just a small circle.
- After the holes arise pour ghee around the sides and over the dosa.
- Cover it with a lid and cook.
- After a minute or so, lift up the lid, you can see a spongy dosa, remove it.
- Steamed Dosa is ready.
Organic · FSSAI Certified · NABL Lab certified Buy Sprouted Sathumaavu Health Mix powder for Babies / Homemade Cerelac Dry Fruits Powder for Babies/Toddlers Pancake Mixes for Toddlers