A scoop of a creamy spinach khichdi can bring in the best nutrients in your little one’s diet! Spinach is loaded with vitamin K which is essential for bone health and several other functions of the body. It is also an excellent source of fiber, vitamins A, C and B2, iron, magnesium, folate etc.
- Rice – 2 tbsp
- Toordal – 1tbsp
- Spinach – 1tbsp
- Jeera powder – 1tsp
- Garlic -1
- Ghee – 1tsp
1. Wash, Rinse, Soak rice and dal for half hour.
2. Heat ghee in a cooker.
3. Add jeera powder, garlic and saute.
4. Add spinach and saute.
5. Add rice, dal and add 1 cup of water.
6. Pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.
7. After the steam is released, mash well.
8. Serve Warm.
This recipe is suitable for babies above 6 months. Salt can be added if making for babies above 1 year. This recipe is not just nutrient rich but it’s energy rich as well. This recipe can be made with any spinach of your choice. If you have our instant mix. You can also add steamed spinach in the instant khichdi mix and serve as healthy spinach khichdi. Spinach is fiber rich and good to treat constipation. Hence the best choice for babies.
- Rice - 2 tbsp
- Toordal - 1tbsp
- Spinach - 1tbsp
- Jeera powder - 1tsp
- Garlic -1
- Ghee - 1tsp
- Wash, Rinse, Soak rice and dal for half hour.
- Heat ghee in a cooker.
- Add jeera powder, garlic and saute.
- Add spinach and saute.
- Add rice, dal and add 1 cup of water.
- Pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.
- After the steam is released, mash well.
- Serve Warm
Leave a Reply