With the festive season coming, there’s going to be sweets and desserts wherever you turn! Of course, not all of them are healthy, and the ones you buy may also contain preservatives and added colors. Festivals are a time to have fun and enjoy with family and friends, and the last thing you want is an upset tummy! We have the perfect recipe that will make sure that everyone stays healthy, without having to slave for hours in the kitchen – Red rice poha kheer! This recipe is made of organic ingredients from our store, so you can be guaranteed of 100% wholesome nutrition and taste!
Red Rice Poha Kheer for Kids
- 100% Organic Red Rice Flakes – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Dry Fruits Powder – 1 tsp
- 100% Organic Jaggery – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Mix of cashews and almonds – 2 tbsp (optional)
1. Soak the flakes for about 5 minutes till just soft. Squeeze out the water and keep it aside.
2. Blend the poha with the dry fruits powder, jaggery and milk.
3. Heat the ghee in a pan and pour the poha mixture over it. Cook on a medium heat still it starts thickening. Turn off the heat when it’s creamy enough for you.
4. Sprinkle some crushed cardamom on top and serve after it’s cooled down a little.
If you’re making this for older kids or adults, you can add a mix of chopped nuts for some more bite. The creaminess of the poha and the crunchiness of the nuts will ensure that your guests ask for seconds – so do make a good quantity of kheer! And when all the guests are gone and you just want some time to yourself, just put some kheer in a bowl and put your feet up to get some well deserved relaxation and a treat that is completely guilt-free!
- 100% Organic Red Rice Poha - ½ cup
- Milk - 1 cup
- Dry Fruits Powder - 1 tsp
- 100% Organic Jaggery - 1 tsp
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Mix of cashews and almonds - 2 tbsp (optional)
- Soak the poha for about 5 minutes till just soft. Squeeze out the water and keep the poha aside.
- Blend the poha with the till you get a paste.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and pour the poha mixture over it. Cook on a medium heat still it starts thickening. Turn off the heat when it's creamy enough for you.
- Sprinkle some crushed cardamom on top and serve after it's cooled down a little.