Start your family’s day with a nutrition packed Multi-Millet Apple Carrot Pancake recipe that combines the goodness of millet with fruit and veggies!
Is your family bored of the same old breakfast recipes? If you’ve been doing the same old idli-dosa-upma routine, maybe it’s time to take things up a notch. After all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day!
Pancakes are the perfect kid-friendly breakfast. They’re super easy to make – no need of soaking or fermenting anything. All the ingredients are pantry staples, so you don’t need to go to a fancy grocery store. You can make them in mini sizes which are perfect for young kids or toddlers. What’s more, you can sneak in pretty much anything you like in the batter!
So here is one such pancake recipe that packs a nutritional punch with the Little Moppet Foods’ Multi Millet Mix, which has no preservatives, artificial flavors, sugar or salt. While the recipe below is suitable for children over the age of one, you can customize it for babies by skipping cow’s milk and salt.
Multi-Millet Apple Carrot Pancake Recipe
- Carrot (finely grated) – 1/2 cup
- Apple (peeled and finely grated) – 1/2 cup
- Multimillet pancake mix – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Egg – 1 large
- Butter – As required
Wondering how to get this Multi Millet Pancake Mix? Don’t worry, we’ll send it to you! We prepare it fresh as soon as you place your order and deliver it straight to your doorstep.
1. Whisk egg, milk and multimillet pancake mix.
2. Add grated apple and carrot to it and whisk well.
3. Make sure that it’s mixed well.
4. Heat the pan, add the batter to the pan using a large spoon, but do not spread.
5. Drizzle butter along the sides.
6. Cook until golden brown underneath.
7. Flip pancakes and allow other side to cook.
8. Serve with honey or fruits of your choice.
This Multi-Millet Apple Carrot Pancake recipe is loaded with carbohydrates, calcium, protein, iron, fiber and antioxidants, making it a complete meal in itself. Of course, it doesn’t hurt to add some honey or homemade date syrup! Or you can make it a truly indulgent treat with some homemade chocolate syrup too!
- Carrot (finely grated) - ½ cup
- Apple (peeled and finely grated) - ½ cup
- Multimillet pancake mix - 1 cup
- Milk - 1 cup
- Egg - 1 large
- Butter - As required
- Whisk egg, milk and multimillet pancake mix.
- Add grated apple and carrot to it and whisk well.
- Make sure that it’s mixed well.
- Heat the pan, add the batter to the pan using a large spoon, but do not spread.
- Drizzle butter along the sides.
- Cook until golden brown underneath.
- Flip pancakes and allow other side to cook.
- Serve with honey or fruits of your choice.