Moong Dal Sprouts are one of the richest source of proteins and are very beneficial for growing children. As always kids hate nutritious food here is an easy way to introduce the moong dal sprouts into your kids diet
The original recipe by Chef Harpal Singh sokhi on Food Food channel and I have modified so that it is suitable for kids.
How to make Healthy Moong dal Sprouts Dosa?
- 1 cup gramflour/besan
- 1/2 cup green moong sprouts
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- a pinch of asafoetida
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
( the original recipe had 1/2 tsp each of baking powder and baking soda)
1. Sprout the Moong dal/ Green Gram
2. In bowl take the gramflour or besan and mix in the sprouts.
3. Add all the masala except salt make a batter using buttermilk .
4. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
5. When ready to make add salt in the batter and mix.
6. Heat a nonstick pan sprinkle little ghee.
7. When it is hot pour a ladleful of batter and let it cook so the sprouts also get cooked.
8. Once done flip it on the other side.
9. When its brown on both sides its ready to be served.
10. Serve with dip of your choice.
To receive the updates directly to your inbox, sign for our newsletter for free Here. We promise not to spam your inbox 🙂
- Very high in calcium
- Very high in phosphorus
- High in potassium
- High in riboflavin
Recipe By Kanika Aggarwal Garg
Kanika has a masters in computer science and now a stay at home mom to 15 month cute little boy Onish
She loves to cook and tries new and yummy recipes to make her fussy toddler to eat.