I started solids for my daughter last month and was so excited. Alas!!! after 2 spoons of Dal Ka paani she rejected the feed and closed her mouth tight.
I thought maybe she doesn’t like it and so gave her instead apple puree, the same reaction, rejected after 2 spoons. I was perplexed and worried and started thinking about all sorts of symptoms and signs. Being a doctor is a great disadvantage as our brain goes overboard thinking about symptoms and diseases related to it !!!! and ultimately ending stressed up for no reason.
Then my husband suggested “Maybe, she doesn’t like cold food” because he always wants hot food!! Daughters are always Daddy’s Girls!!! 😉
The next day I gave her Rice Soup little warm and she had a little more than the previous attempts. But it was difficult to keep the food warm for the whole period of feeding. I had to run to the kitchen to heat it every few minutes and it was so cumbersome!!
That was when I received the Mee Mee Stay Warm Plate and Heat sensor spoons for review from Mee Mee. The timing was so perfect and I started using them with great enthusiasm.
Here is the review of the MeeMee Stay Warm Plate, it worked out great for me to feed my daughter warm food and hope this review helps you as well.
Review of Mee Mee Stay Warm Plate
Product: Mee Mee Stay Warm Plate
Quantity: 1 pcs
Price: Rs 695
What the product claims to be?
- The stay warm plate can keep the food warm till the end of feeding time (around 30 mins)
- It can be used for both solids and liquids.
- Made from durable material and is 100% BPA free.
- Food grade raw material is heat resistance.
- It can be used during travel also.
What I found out it to be?
Before proceeding to the review, I want to share on how to use it, as proper usage of the product will always yield in a good result.
It consists of
- Upper Dish
- Under Dish
How to use the MeeMee Stay Warm Plate?
1. Take off the upper dish.
2. Put the under dish on the table and you can see a plug and safety lock (shown by arrow in the picture)
3. Pull the safety lockout.
4. Rotate the plug anti-clockwise to unscrew it as shown in the picture.
5. Unscrew the plug and place it aside, an opening will be visible.
6. Fasten the sucker to the under dish and place it on the table.
7. Boil water in a pan and pour about 350 ml of hot water into the opening.
8. Now place and turn the plug clockwise and pull in the safety lock.
9. Place the upper dish over the under dish and serve the food to your baby.
10. Hold the ear of the sucker to release the plate from the table.
So you can see, one side we have Dal ka Paani and another side Carrot sticks.
We had a gala time eating both, I am practicing both traditional weaning and BLW for my daughter.
Sterilization can be done by either using hot water or microwave.
The product comes with a user manual which details the procedure of sterilization in the microwave and the maximum amount of heat resistance the product can sustain.
Does the Mee Mee Stay Warm Plate keep the food warm?
Now you would want to know whether the food stayed warm, yes it did. I measured the temperature with a thermometer just to check the same 🙂
- The first reading was very high since I had transferred the food directly from the stove.
- The second reading (42.8 Degree celsius)was taken after 20 minutes.
- The third reading (41.7 degree Celsius) after 30 minutes.
So the plate indeed stays warm!!!.
What I found about the Mee Mee Stay Warm Plate?
- It has 2 compartments so we can try 2 foods at a time.
- The food stays WARM for a minimum of 30 minutes which is more than enough for feeding my baby.
- I can use it for my toddler son too.
- The sucker base ensures safety and the food cannot spill.
- During cleaning, it is little tricky to remove the water from the under dish.
- It can be used on a table comfortably but carrying it around behind your baby may be challenging.
The Mee Mee Stay warm plate is ” Definitely worth buying” and at the current MRP it is a good buy.
You can Buy Here online.
Mee Mee Heat Sensor Spoon Review
Product: Mee Mee Heat Sensor Spoon
Contents: 2 Heat Sensor Spoons
Price: Rs 175
What the product claims to be?
- It is 100% BPA free.
- If the spoon changes color then the food is too hot.
- Easy slide bottom ensures easy movement over the dish surface.
- Soft edges protect child’s delicate gums and new teeth.
- All parts made from nontoxic silicone materials.
What I found out the product to be?
1. The color of the spoon changes paler directly related to the temperature of the food. If the food is very hot, then it becomes completely whitish pale. In the picture below, I have placed the spoon in hot water.
2. The handle has a firm grip and so easy to hold and feed.
3. The tip of the spoon is very soft and so it does not hurt the baby’s gentle gums.
4. Even liquid foods can be given with ease as the food doesn’t spill.
5. It is a little heavy for the babies to hold and eat later during self-feeding.
It is ” Worth Buying it” and it is competitively priced for 2 spoons. You can buy it Here
To receive the updates directly to your inbox, sign for our newsletter for free Here. We promise not to spam your inbox 🙂
Please read our Disclaimer for my terms on the product review.
hi hema.. very useful website thank u so much for this I have an question mam my son is now 9 months old should I gave Almonds to him and how? please reply
Dr Hemapriya says
Yes you can give, roast and powder it and add to porridges