Babies love their simple, home-cooked meals, and this maize porridge recipe for babies is one of the easiest and the tastiest. It’s perfect for cold days or as a nutritious breakfast for babies!
Maize is a cereal grain that has been around for centuries and was one of the first crops to be grown in North America. It is loaded with nutrients, including dietary fiber, protein, vitamins A and C, thiamin (vitamin B1), niacin (vitamin B3), magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, and potassium. Additionally it contains anti-inflammatory properties and can help reduce blood sugar levels after meals.
Health Benifits of Maize
Some benefits of maize include improved heart health due to its high content of antioxidants such as beta carotene and flavonoids, better joint function because it is high in glucosamine, reduced risk of cancer thanks to its rich sources of polyphenols, increased energy levels due to the presence of complex carbs and provides plenty of nutritional value. It also helps in enhanced cognitive function in babies.
In short: maize porridge recipe for babies is an excellent source of nutrition that can improve your overall health, we have also added the protein rich moongdal, to make this recipe even more wholesome and yummy! Let’s check it out!
How to make Maize Porridge Recipe for Babies at Home?
- Maize – 50 g.
- Moong dal – 20 g.
- Til (gingelly or sesame seed) – 10 g.
How to make maize porridge for babies?
1. Add 2 tablespoon of porridge powder in a bowl. 2. Add Piping hot water to it, mix well without lumps. 3. Close with lid for 5 minutes and then mix well. 4. Maize porridge recipe for babies is ready to serve. Age Recommendation: Maize porridge recipe for babies is suitable for babies above 6 months. This dish is packed with nutrients that are essential for developing a strong baby brain. A healthy and easy recipe for travel as well! Try it out today and see the difference!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I give instant porridge to my baby?
Natural instant porridges are nutritious and easy to carry during travel. Avoid the ones which are with preservatives, sugar and additives.
Can babies eat maize meal porridge?
Yes, maize porridge can be introduced after 6 months itself
How do you make instant porridge smooth?
The mix can be sieved couple of times to get a very smooth powder.
Is maize easily digestible for babies?
Maize is loaded with plant compounds and fiber. It’s easily digestible and very good for the digestive health of babies. It can be introduced to babies after 6 months completion (porridge form).
Is maize porridge good for babies?
Maize is loaded with nutrients, including dietary fiber, protein, vitamins A and C, thiamin (vitamin B1), niacin (vitamin B3), magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, and potassium. It’s highly nutritious and good for babies. But make sure to get the natural ones and avoid the genetically modified maize.
Maize Porridge Recipe for Babies
- 50 g Maize
- 20 g Moong dal
- 10 g Til (gingelly or sesameseed)
- Dry roast eachingredient separately.
- Let it cool.
- Grind the mixture.
- Note: Sieve if you want a fine powder.
- Store in an airtight container for 3-4 months.How to make maizeporridge?
- Add 2 tablespoon of porridge powder in a bowl.
- Add piping hot water to it, mix well without lumps.
- Close with lid for 5 minutes and then mix well.
- Maize porridge recipe for babies is ready to serve.
Have no time to make instant mixes? Don’t worry, we’ll make it fresh & deliver it straight to your doorstep.