You’ve seen those ads for diamond rings, where a sparkly little stone outshines everything else around it? Well, nuts are the diamonds of nature!! They’re little gems that sparkle with immense health benefits from vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, healthy fats, protein and fiber. They help in controlling cholesterol, reducing the risk of heart disease, protecting against diabetes as well as in nourishing skin and hair With so many benefits, nuts are an excellent food for children, but feeding young babies can be difficult considering the choking hazard. Introducing nuts to young children needs careful consideration, especially with allergies. And today’s recipe will help your little one get all the wonderful benefits of nuts, through a homemade mixed nuts powder.
Mixed Nuts Powder for babies,toddlers and kids (with Walnuts)
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup pistachio
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 2-3 green cardamom
- Pinch of turmeric powder (optional)
- Few saffron strands
1. Dry roast all the nuts, putting in one kind at a time, in a heated pan on low flame. Take care not to burn the nuts.
2. Similarly, roast the cardamom and saffron strands.
3. Allow the nuts to cool down completely.
4. Grind the nuts and the green cardamom to a fine powder in a mixer grinder.
5. Pulse the nuts in intervals to prevent the powder from becoming oily. Be careful during this stage, since over processing will give you nut butter instead of powder.
6. Finally, add the saffron and turmeric powder and pulse again.
7. Store the mixed nuts powder in airtight container and use as required.
This homemade mixed nuts powder stays good for about 2 months in an airtight container on refrigeration. The powder is suitable for babies over 8 months, but before you feed this to your baby, make sure that she has already tried the powdered version of each nut individually, so you can be sure that the mix will not cause an allergic reaction. There are many ways you can give this to your baby – add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon in kheer or porridge, and for older kids, you can add a teaspoon of nuts powder to a glass of milk. Before you know it, you’ll be adding this delicious powder to all your signature dishes!
No time to prepare this powder at home? Don’t worry, we’ll send it to you! We prepare it fresh as soon as you place your order and deliver it straight to your doorstep.
Mixed Nuts Powder
- • 1/4 cup cashew nuts
- • 1/4 cup pistachio
- • 1/4 cup walnuts
- • 1/4 cup almonds
- • 2-3 green cardamom
- • Pinch of turmeric powder optional
- • Few saffron strands
- Dry roast all the nuts one by one in a heated pan on low flame. Take care not to burn the nuts.
- Similarly, roast the cardamom and saffron strands.
- Allow the nuts to cool down completely.
- Grind the nuts and the green cardamom to a fine powder in a mixer grinder.
- Pulse the nuts in intervals to prevent the powder from becoming oily.
- In the last add the saffron and turmeric powder and pulse again.
- Store the mixed nuts powder in airtight container and use as per need