Nuts are like nature’s diamonds, filled with immense health benefits from vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and healthy fats. They help control cholesterol, reduce heart disease risk, and nourish skin and hair. For children, introducing nuts needs careful consideration, but fear not! Our Homemade Mixed Nuts Powder offers a safe and nutritious way to give your child the sparkle of nature’s finest gems. Say hello to a healthier future for your little one with this delightful addition to their diet!
Homemade Mixed Nuts Powder for Babies (with Walnuts): A Healthy Nuts Powder Recipe for Babies
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup pistachio
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 2-3 green cardamom
- Pinch of turmeric powder (optional)
- Few saffron strands
1. Gently dry roast each variety of nuts, one kind at a time, in a heated pan over low flame. Be mindful not to let the nuts burn during the process.
2. In the same way, roast the cardamom and saffron strands until they release their aromatic flavors.
3. Allow the nuts to cool down completely.
4. Grind the nuts and the green cardamom to a fine powder in a mixer grinder.
5. Pulse the nuts in intervals to prevent the powder from becoming oily. Be careful during this stage, since over processing will give you nut butter instead of powder.
6. Finally, add the saffron and turmeric powder and pulse again.
7. Store the mixed nuts powder in airtight container and use as required.
This homemade mixed nuts powder stays good for about 2 months in an airtight container on refrigeration. The powder is suitable for babies over 8 months, but before you feed this to your baby, make sure that she has already tried the powdered version of each nut individually, so you can be sure that the mix will not cause an allergic reaction. There are many ways you can give this to your baby – add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon in kheer or porridge, and for older kids, you can add a teaspoon of nuts powder to a glass of milk. Before you know it, you’ll be adding this delicious powder to all your signature dishes!
No time to prepare this powder at home? Don’t worry, we’ll send it to you! We prepare it fresh as soon as you place your order and deliver it straight to your doorstep.
Mixed Nuts Powder
- • 1/4 cup cashew nuts
- • 1/4 cup pistachio
- • 1/4 cup walnuts
- • 1/4 cup almonds
- • 2-3 green cardamom
- • Pinch of turmeric powder optional
- • Few saffron strands
- Dry roast all the nuts one by one in a heated pan on low flame. Take care not to burn the nuts.
- Similarly, roast the cardamom and saffron strands.
- Allow the nuts to cool down completely.
- Grind the nuts and the green cardamom to a fine powder in a mixer grinder.
- Pulse the nuts in intervals to prevent the powder from becoming oily.
- In the last add the saffron and turmeric powder and pulse again.
- Store the mixed nuts powder in airtight container and use as per need