Here is a simple hack to make your baby enjoy the healthy potatoes. French Fries for Babies is a tasty snack, that is crispy from outside and soft from inside. It’s a yummy treat by itself. These fries can be given as a quick, after school snack for kids as well. Exclusive breast feeding or formula feeding is only recommended till baby completes 6 months. Potatoes can be introduced to babies after 6 months completion. Potatoes are fiber rich and gluten free. This snack is filling and nutritious, and is loaded with antioxidants, minerals, vitamins and protein. Giving finger foods is most important for babies, as it can help in increasing the feeding ability and interest in foods. This snack recipe is very simple to make and wholesome as well.
French Fries for Babies
- Potatoes -2
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
1. Wash potatoes thoroughly in running tap water.
2. Cut the potato into finger shaped slices.
3. Soak in drinking water for atleast 1-2 hours.
4. Deep fry until golden brown.
5. Sprinkle pepper and mix well.
6. Finger food is ready.
While introducing any new food, it’s safe to be done in the first half of the day. If giving for the first time, give little and then gradually increase the quantity. In general, finger foods can be given after 8 months. This recipe is suitable for babies above 1 year. We have added pepper in it to make it a bit spicy. Spices can be introduced to babies after 6 months itself. Pepper is filled with anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties which helps in immunity building. It’s antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties helps to maintain brain and gut health of babies. So, adding a pinch of pepper can make wonders in the simple recipe.
- Potatoes -2
- Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Wash potatoes thoroughly in running tap water.
- Cut the potato into finger shaped slices.
- Soak in drinking water for atleast 1-2 hours.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Sprinkle pepper and mix well.
- Finger food is ready.