There are many campaigns encouraging the inclusion of eggs in the diet, and for good reason! Eggs are a very nutritious food, and both the yolk and the white contain truckloads of vitamins and protein. Here is a look at the benefits of eating eggs:
- Eggs contain all the essential amino acids, which are very important for growth
- Eggs are a good source of vitamins D, B6 and B12
- Eggs are also rich in trace elements like iron, copper, selenium and zinc
- The protein from eggs is among the most easily digestible for young children
However, getting kids to eat eggs is a different story altogether! But Moms are among the most inventive souls on earth, and we can always find workarounds to beat our kids’ fussiness! One such workaround is this Egg Pudding for Babies, made without sugar! It’s a great way to introduce eggs to toddlers who don’t eat them on their own.
To know more about giving your baby egg, refer to this post. This recipe contains milk which is recommended for kids above the age of one year, so if you’re making this for your baby, substitute the milk with formula or breast milk at the end.
Egg Pudding for Babies
- 1 egg
- 60 ml milk
- 2 drops of vanilla essence (optional)
- 1 pinch of Cinnamon (optional)
1. Beat the egg well with a fork. Add the milk and beat again till well mixed.
2. Add vanilla or cinnamon to the egg-milk mixture and beat again to combine.
3. Pour the mixture into a small heat proof bowl and steam it. You can use an idli cooker or a steamer. If using a pressure cooker, add sufficient water and cook for 1 to 2 whistles.
4. Serve the pudding warm.
For a thicker texture for toddlers, you can add some corn flour to the mixture. You can also make this pudding only with egg whites for a less yellowish pudding. For older kids, you can also add some syrup or honey for added sweetness. This is a lovely dessert for the cold winter months, and is so yummy, that you don’t need to add anything to it!
Egg Pudding for Babies (Without Sugar)
- 1 egg
- 60 ml milk
- 2 drops of vanilla essence optional
- 1 pinch of Cinnamon optional
- Beat the egg well with a fork. Add the milk and beat again till well mixed.
- Add vanilla or cinnamon to the egg-milk mixture and beat again to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a small heat proof bowl and steam it. You can use an idli cooker or a steamer. If using a pressure cooker, add sufficient water and cook for 1 to 2 whistles.
- Serve the pudding warm.