I have a special fondness for caramel pudding and love to incorporate its rich flavors into my desserts. Recently, I found myself with a surplus of bread corners after making Easy bread rolls, and that’s when I decided to experiment with an eggless bread pudding recipe. To my delight, the result was a scrumptious treat that exceeded my expectations.
Preparing this bread pudding is incredibly easy, and if you plan to serve it as an afternoon or lunchtime dessert, I recommend making it in the morning and refrigerating it until it’s chilled. The flavors truly come alive when enjoyed cold. What’s more, this delightful bread pudding cake is suitable for toddlers and children of all ages, making it a versatile and family-friendly dessert option.
Whether you’re a fan of caramel desserts or simply looking for a delightful way to use up bread leftovers, this eggless bread pudding is sure to satisfy your cravings and leave you wanting more. Give it a try and indulge in its irresistible taste and comforting texture.
Eggless Bread Pudding Recipe
- Bread slices – 8
- Milk – One and Half Cup
- Sugar – Two thirds of a cup
- Sugar for caramel – 2 Tbsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Cashews – for garnishing
1. To prepare the eggless bread pudding recipe, tear the bread slices into small pieces, specifically using the corners of the bread. This ensures consistency in the appearance of the dish throughout the recipe. Enjoy the process of transforming these humble bread pieces into a delightful and flavorful eggless bread pudding.
2. Begin by pouring the milk and adding the sugar to the torn bread pieces. Utilizing a potato masher, gently mash the mixture to create a smooth and creamy texture. Enhance the flavor by incorporating vanilla essence and thoroughly mixing the ingredients. This step adds a delightful touch to the eggless bread pudding recipe.
3. To caramelize the sugar, heat a kadai and add the sugar to it. Continuously stir the sugar until it melts and turns into a golden liquid. It is crucial to promptly switch off the stove to prevent the caramel from developing a burnt taste. This step adds a rich and luscious flavor to the eggless bread pudding recipe.
4. Pour the caramel onto the vessel in which you are preparing the pudding, ensuring to coat the base and sides evenly. Allow the caramel to set for 2 minutes. For this recipe, I used a plain stainless steel katori as I made it on a whim without any fancy bowls.
5. Pour the eggless bread pudding mixture into the caramelized bowl, ensuring it fills the bowl evenly. This step is crucial for achieving a perfectly cooked and delectable eggless bread pudding. 6. Cover the bowl tightly with aluminum foil, creating small holes to allow steam to escape during the cooking process. This ensures proper ventilation while retaining moisture in the eggless bread pudding.
7. Fill a pressure cooker with 3/4ths of water and place the bowl inside. Steam it in a cooker with the lid but without the whistle for 20-25 minutes.
8. After the pudding cools down, refrigerate it for 2 hours.
9. Invert it in a plate, garnish with nuts or chocolate syrup and serve.
Find more cake recipes Here
To receive the updates directly to your inbox, sign for our newsletter for free Here. We promise not to spam your inbox 🙂