The chutney powder which we use for dosa and idlis are very spicy and has many ingredients which may not be suitable for babies.
How to make Chutney Powder for Babies & Toddlers?
1. Buna Channa/Roasted Gram/ Pottukadalai – 10 tablespoon
2. Pepper – Half teaspoon
3. Jeera – Half teaspoon
4. Salt to taste
1. Dry roast all the ingredients.
2. Let them cool.
3. Grind them into a fine powder in a blender or mixer.
4. Add salt for babies older than 1 year.
5. Chutney powder is ready !!!
6. Mix with little Ghee and serve with Steamed Dosa, Idli, it can be even mixed with hot rice and ghee.
7. This powder is very useful during travel, you can get idlis from hotel and feed with this powder.
No time to prepare this powder at home? Don’t worry, we prepare it hygienically and ship it to your doorstep
One important tip for babies while eating out – Always give babies, food that is steamed like idlis, rice, don’t give coconut chutney or anything that is not cooked over the flame.
100 mg of roasted gram yields 164 kcal.
Pepper and Jeera help in easy digestion.
To read about more easy recipes for your babies, follow me on Google+, Twitter, Pinterest or like my facebook page My Little Moppet
To receive the updates directly to your inbox, sign for our newsletter for free Here. We promise not to spam your inbox 🙂
- Buna Channa/Roasted Gram/ Pottukadalai - 10 tablespoon
- Pepper - Half teaspoon
- Jeera - Half teaspoon
- Curry leaves - a sprig
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast all the ingredients.
- Let them cool.
- Grind them into a fine powder in a blender or mixer.
- Add salt for babies older than 1 year
- Chutney powder is ready !!!
- Mix with little Ghee and serve with Steamed Dosa, Idli, it can be even mixed with hot rice and ghee.