This is a very easy peasy recipe with only three ingredients. This Chutney Powder for babies/toddlers is my own tried and tested recipe and is perfect for babies above 7 months and toddlers. The chutney powder which we use for dosa and idlis are very spicy and has many ingredients which may not be suitable for babies.
How to make Chutney Powder for Babies & Toddlers?
- Buna Channa/Roasted Gram/ Pottukadalai – 10 tablespoon
- Pepper – Half teaspoon
- Jeera – Half teaspoon
- Salt to taste
1. Dry roast all the ingredients.
2. Let them cool.
3. Grind them into a fine powder in a blender or mixer.
4. Add salt for babies older than 1 year.
5. Chutney powder is ready !!!
6. Mix with little Ghee and serve with Steamed Dosa, Idli, it can be even mixed with hot rice and ghee.
7. This powder is very useful during travel, you can get idlis from hotel and feed with this powder.
One important tip for babies while eating out – Always give babies, food that is steamed like idlis, rice, don’t give coconut chutney or anything that is not cooked over the flame.
100 mg of roasted gram yields 164 kcal.
Pepper and Jeera help in easy digestion.
- Buna Channa/Roasted Gram/ Pottukadalai - 10 tablespoon
- Pepper - Half teaspoon
- Jeera - Half teaspoon
- Curry leaves - a sprig
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast all the ingredients.
- Let them cool.
- Grind them into a fine powder in a blender or mixer.
- Add salt for babies older than 1 year
- Chutney powder is ready !!!
- Mix with little Ghee and serve with Steamed Dosa, Idli, it can be even mixed with hot rice and ghee.
Are you interested in healthy instant mixes? Don’t worry, we prepare them hygienically and ship them to your doorstep
Blog updated on 4th Feb 2021