The search for immunity boosting foods is always on among parents, and increases particularly during the monsoon season and winter. While there are many ways to boost childhood immunity, the best option is always through healthy and nutritious food. If you’re already struggling with feeding your fussy toddler, then including immune boosting foods can be another challenge. However, today we have a solution to this problem – Raab!
Raab is a homemade immunity boosting food which is made in Gujarati and Rajasthani households. The main ingredient is Bajra. Bajra is rich in insoluble fibre that aids digestion. Not just that, Bajra has cancer-protecting properties. It is rich in protein and minerals crucial for your child’s development.
Raab Recipe for Babies [Immune Boosting Drink for Babies and Toddlers]
- Wheat flour/bajra flour
- Dry ginger powder
- Jaggery powder
Wondering how to get this fresh and clean organic jaggery? Don’t worry, we’ll send it to you! Place your order and get it delivered straight to your doorstep.
1. Add a table spoon of ghee in a pan and heat it.
2. Add the whole wheat/bajra flour and roast well till flour becomes light golden brown, and exudes strong and nice aroma.
3. Add water to the flour and mix well without lumps.
4. Add the jaggery powder and mix well.
5. Add the dry ginger powder.
6. For toddlers & adults: finally, add milk and mix well.
7. Transfer it to a bowl and serve.
This immunity boosting raab is not only good for babies and toddlers but also good for adults. You can also use wheat instead of bajra, since wheat also has iron, thiamine, niacin, calcium, vitamin B6 and so many other nutrients. Please make sure that your baby has already tried bajra or wheat using the 3 day rule. Raab is the best food to serve babies during a cold. It can be given to Babies below one year as porridge. It’s best to avoid jaggery and milk when offering to babies under one year.
- wheat flour/bajra flour
- dry ginger powder
- jaggery powder
- Add a table spoon of ghee in a pan and heat it.
- add the whole wheat/bajra flour and roast well till flour becomes light golden brown, and exudes strong and nice aroma.
- Add water to the flour and mix well without lumps.
- Add the jaggery powder and mix well.
- Add the dry ginger powder.
- For toddlers & adults: finally, add milk and mix well.
- Transfer it to a bowl and serve.