Add more nutrition in your baby’s diet with this Broken wheat Apple Halwa – a healthy, sugar-free dessert for babies over 6 months of age.
Just the mention of the word halwa has the power of making my mouth water, and I know it’s the same with many of you! All families have their own special halwa recipes, considering you can make halwa out of pretty much anything. In fact, many of our childhood memories involve our mothers lovingly making our favorite halwa on special occasions or to cheer us up.
Now that you and I are parents, we can continue this tradition, by making halwa for our kids – even if theyr’e babies! Yes, we have come up with a nutritious and yummy Broken Wheat Apple Halwa recipe which can be enjoyed by babies over 6 months. This recipe includes no salt, sugar, jaggery, milk or any preservatives, making it perfect for our tiny ones!
Broken Wheat Apple Halwa Recipe
Wondering how to get this Dry fruits powder? Don’t worry, we’ll send it to you! We prepare it fresh as soon as you place your order and deliver it straight to your doorstep.
1. Heat a cooker and add 1 tsp of ghee in it.
2. Add Broken wheat and saute for few seconds.
3. Add ½ cup of water to the sauteed broken wheat and mix.
4. Close the lid.
5. Cook for 2-3 whistles and then open the lid.
6. Check the consistency. Mash well.
7. Add Apple puree.
8. Add dry fruits powder (can be added for babies above 8 months)
9. And finally add cardamom powder
10. Mix well
Yummy Broken Wheat Apple Halwa is now ready to be served
We have added broken wheat instead of wheat flour so that baby gets to taste different textures, and not just purees. Broken wheat/dalia/bulgar wheat is a cracked form of whole wheat. It is rich in dietary fiber, which is crucial for improving the digestive function and bowel health of babies. This yummy halwa is sweetened with apple puree which adds to the flavor and nutritional quotient of the dish.
- Broken wheat – 3 Tbsp.
- Apple puree – 1 Tbsp.
- Ghee – 1 Tsp
- Cardamom powder – A Pinch
- Dry fruits powder – 1 Tsp (for babies above 8 months)
- Heat a cooker and add 1 tsp of ghee in it.
- Add Broken wheat and sauté for few seconds.
- Add ½ cup of water to the sautéed broken wheat .
- Close the lid.
- Cook for 2-3 whistles.
- Check the consistency.
- Mash well.
- Add Apple puree.
- Add dry fruits powder (can be added for babies above 8 months)
- And finally add cardamom powder
- Mix well
- Yummy Broken Wheat Apple Halwa is now ready to be served.