This Paneer Kheer Recipe is made with Cottage Cheese or Paneer, milk and dry fruits powder is a good nutritious dessert for your children.
Paneer can be given to babies above 8 months of age; to know more, check out our post on when you can introduce paneer for kids. This Paneer Kheer can be given to kids above 1 year as it uses milk in the Recipe.
Benefits of Paneer for children
- Paneer is the richest source of proteins, with 100 g of paneer yielding about 18 g of protein.
- Paneer is rich in calcium and helps in teeth and bone development.
Paneer Kheer Recipe for Kids
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup paneer ( cottage cheese), grated
- 1 tsp Dry fruits powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 deseeded date.
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1. In a heavy bottom pan boil the milk.
2. Add finely chopped date in the milk and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add grated paneer and cook for 5 minutes.
4. In the end add dry fruit powder and sugar and mix well.
5. Serve chilled or warm.
This is a great dessert for kids who don’t like cheese. And it’s not just a healthy, protein rich recipe; it’s also a dessert with a lovely texture that is sure to be completely licked of the bowl!