Try out and enjoy watching your kid’s taste buds getting addicted to our super healthy dessert Kaju Katli Recipe [ No sugar Cashew Barfi for Kids]!
Kaju katli is a famous Indian dessert, which can never be taken as one. I bet you won’t be able to stop eating once you start. Hence large quantities of white sugar is added in the recipe, it’s not a guilt free snack. But to make your kids enjoy the cashew treat with no guilt, we have made a twist by added the calcium rich jaggery as a natural sweetener. Oh yaah! you can now show your love to your little ones with this kaju katli treat.
Kaju Katli Recipe [ No sugar Cashew Barfi for Kids]
- Cashew – 1 cup
- Jaggery – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 2 tsp
Wondering how to get the authentic jaggery? Don’t worry, we’ll deliver it straight to your doorstep.
1. Dry roast cashew for 1 minute on Low flame.
2. Pulse cashew in a mixer.
Note: Do not overgrind since cashew will leave oil.
3. Sieve to get smooth cashew powder.
4. Line parchment paper with ghee and keep aside.
5. In a pan add jaggery and 1/4 cup of water.
6. Let it boil and keep stirring.
7. On low flame, add cashew powder and mix well.
8. Add ghee.
9. Transfer to greased parchment paper.
10. Let it cool.
11. Cut into desired shapes and serve.
This recipe is suitable for babies above 1 year. Jaggery is antioxidants and mineral rich. It helps to boost resistance against infections, and helps in increasing the immunity. This yummy dessert can be served as a healthy and weight gaining sweet for kids and adults.
- Cashew - 1 cup
- Jaggery - ½ cup
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Dry roast cashew for 1 minute on Low flame.
- Pulse cashew in a mixer.
- Note: Do not overgrind since cashew will leave oil.
- Sieve to get smooth cashew powder.
- Line parchment paper with ghee and keep aside.
- In a pan add jaggery and ¼ cup of water.
- Let it boil and keep stirring.
- On low flame, add cashew powder and mix well.
- Add Ghee.
- Transfer to greased parchment paper.
- Let it cool.
- Cut into desired shapes.