Enjoy a socially distanced Christmas with a simple and healthy recipe with a fun name – Christmas Egg in a Hole Recipe! Sure to be a hit with kids!
It’s the season for plum cakes, cookies and hot chocolate! Pandemic or not, we can still celebrate Christmas at home with some yummy food!
Many people associate festivals with unhealthy and heavy food laden with butter, refined flour and sugar. However, there are many yummy treats with innovative Christmas designs that kids can enjoy and which Moms can serve without fear of ruining their appetite.
Today’s recipe is one such simple yet healthy dish with a fun name – Christmas Egg in a Hole! This will help your kids enjoy and cherish the festive season, even while socially distancing. It also makes a great breakfast or quick snack on other, non-festive days!
Christmas Egg in a Hole Recipe
- Whole Wheat bread – 5
- Eggs – 5
- Cheddar cheese – 1/2cup
- Chopped carrot – 2tbsp
- Chopped Coriander – 2tbsp
- Milk – 2tbsp
- Pepper – 1tsp
1. Use festive cutters to cut out the bread in different shapes and keep it aside.
3. Add salt and pepper for seasoning and mix well.
4. Heat butter in a pan.
5. Toast whole wheat bread on one side till it becomes golden brown.
6. Flip and add egg mixture in the hole.
7. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
8. Christmas egg in a hole is ready.
This recipe is suitable for babies above one year. The best part is that you can customize the holes based on whatever cookie cutters you have. You can buy festive cookie cutters here. You can also use plain circles from lids or bowls to make simple circles as well. This is the perfect breakfast for festival mornings or special occasions like birthdays.
- Whole Wheat bread - 5
- Eggs - 5
- Cheddar cheese - ½cup
- Chopped carrot - 2tbsp
- Chopped Coriander - 2tbsp
- Milk - 2tbsp
- Pepper - 1tsp
- Use festive cutters to cut out the bread in different shapes and keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add eggs, cheese, carrot, coriander, milk and whisk well.
- Add salt and pepper for seasoning and mix well.
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Toast whole wheat bread on one side till it becomes golden brown.
- Flip and add egg mixture in the hole.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Christmas egg in a hole is ready.