Jam! a word which brings bright smile in every kid’s face. But being filled with colors and preservatives store bought jams should be a big NO. Here comes a yummy natural jam recipe – beetroot jam for kids, which can fulfill your kid’s desire and aid several health benefits at the same time. A win-win situation 🙂 This recipe is suitable for babies above 1 year. Beetroots are rich in fiber, iron, vitamin C and much more. Hence, it’s the best energy rich superfood for kids.
Beetroot Jam for Kids
- Beetroot – 2
- Jaggery powder – 1/4 Cup
- Lemon Juice – 1 Tsp
Wondering how to get organic jaggery? Don’t worry, we’ll deliver it straight to your doorstep.
1. Wash, peel and chop beetroot into small cubes.
2. In a pan, add beetroot and 1 cup of water.
3. Cover and cook for 5 -10 minutes.
4. Transfer cooked beetroot to grinding jar and add lemon juice.
5. Blend until pureed.
6. Transfer to a pan and stir.
7. Add jaggery.
8. Stir and cook until required consistency is obtained.
We have added jaggery as a natural sweetener in this recipe. Jaggery is calcium, vitamin B and iron rich, Jaggery is good to boost immunity. The complete combo is good for preventing anemia. For younger babies above 6 months and below 1 year, the same recipe can be made with no jaggery.
- Beetroot - 2
- Jaggery powder - ¼ Cup
- Lemon Juice - 1 Tsp
- Wash, peel and chop beetroot into small cubes.
- In a pan, add beetroot and 1 cup of water.
- Cover and cook for 5 -10 minutes.
- Transfer cooked beetroot to grinding jar and add lemon juice.
- Blend until pureed.
- Transfer to a pan and stir.
- Add jaggery.
- Stir and cook until required consistency is obtained.