We know that all you Moms out there love our snack recipes – and we love you for it! However, there’s one tiny thing – we go into all this trouble to make healthy, preservative-free snacks for our kids, but then we have to resort to store bought sauces for dips. Well, not anymore! After many requests from Moms for sauce and dip recipes, I began searching for something that was yummy, sweet and healthy. I finally landed on this recipe, and it turned out to be just what I was looking for! I have modified it a wee bit to make it suitable for babies over 6 months.
Beet Applesauce Dip
- 6 Apples
- 1/4 to 1/2 of a Beetroot
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp powdered cloves
- 1/8 tsp grated nutmeg
- Pinch of dry ginger (optional)
- 1/2 cup water
1. Peel, core and chop the apples. You can use any variety of apple, but the juicier the better.
2. Peel the beetroot and chop into small pieces. For a pink sauce, use a quarter of a beetroot, and for a strong red, go for half.
3. Put the chopped apple and beetroot along with the other ingredients into a saucepan. Heat on a low-medium flame for 30-45 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Let the cooked mixture cool a little before blending it to a smooth puree. Alternatively, you can keep it lumpier by smashing the apple and beetroot pieces lightly.
5. Transfer the sauce to a jar and store in the fridge. Will keep for 2 weeks if stored properly.
This is the perfect sauce for a fussy eater who refuses beetroot in other forms! The bright color is sure to attract kids and they’ll not realize that they’re actually eating veggies and fruits! So skip the store bought dips and have this lovely beet applesauce dip ready with bread sticks when they get back from school!
Organic · FSSAI Certified · NABL Lab certified Buy Sprouted Sathumaavu Health Mix powder for Babies / Homemade Cerelac Dry Fruits Powder for Babies/Toddlers Pancake Mixes for Toddlers