Give your baby a healthy halwa treat, which is not just delicious but nutritious as well! Banana Sooji Halwa for Babies / Sooji Banana Sheera is a healthy twist to normal halwa recipes. The recipe has sooji and banana as the main ingredient. Sooji is fibre rich and easily digestible. It is ideal for babies during sickness. Dishes made with sooji is filling due to its high carbs and calories level. It is rich in proteins, B vitamins, iron and magnesium. On the other hand, bananas are loaded with nutrients and energy rich. They are filled with powerful antioxidants, potassium, fiber etc. As the ingredients in this recipe is fiber rich, it’s good to maintain gut health and prevent constipation. Exclusive breast feeding or formula feeding is only recommended till baby completes 6 months. This recipe is suitable for babies above 6 months. It’s important to introduce the ingredients individually before trying this recipe. This can help to find if baby is comfortable and not allergic to any of the ingredients.
Banana Sooji Halwa for Babies / Sooji Banana Sheera
1. Mash bananas and keep it aside (Please make sure that the bananas are fully ripe).
2. Heat ghee in a pan.
3. Roast sooji well in the ghee, until nice aroma comes from it.
4. Add water slowly and keep stirring till the mixture thickens.
5. Now add mashed banana and cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Sooji banana halwa is ready.
All the three ingredients in this recipe is energy rich and helps in healthy weight gain of babies. For 6 to 8 months babies, this recipe can be given as a meal by itself. If making this recipe for babies above one-year, organic jaggery can be added as a natural sweetener. For babies above 8 months of age, dates powder can be added as a healthy sweetener.
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Sooji – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Banana – 1
- Mash bananas and keep it aside (Please make sure that the bananas are fully ripe).
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Roast sooji well in the ghee, until nice aroma comes from it.
- Add water slowly and keep stirring till the mixture thickens.
- Now add mashed banana and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Sooji banana halwa is ready.