Before we dive into the deliciousness of apple khichdi for babies, let’s take a moment to appreciate the timeless popularity of Khichdi in Indian households, even in today’s era of packaged and processed foods. This simple yet heartwarming dish brings back memories of Mom’s cooking, filling our hearts with comfort and nostalgia. But there’s more to Khichdi than just its delightful taste! Here are some additional benefits to consider:
1. Khichdi is a complete meal in itself, with carbs from rice and protein from pulses. Add some grated veggies to make it balanced.
2. Khichdi uses white rice, making it easy on the digestive system. This is the reason khichdi is so popular when you have a tummy problem and with babies with developing digestive systems.
3. Khichdi is a great pick for people with various dietary restrictions like gluten intolerance.
4. Khichdi is light and easy on the stomach, avoiding the discomfort that comes with a heavy, greasy meal.
But as with all such things, Khichdi is also subject to the malaise of boredom, especially when it comes to our little munchkins who demand variety every day. So if your baby is tired of the same old khichdi flavors, try out this fruity take on the traditional classic – Apple Khichdi!
Apple Khichdi for Babies
- Rice – 100gms
- Moong dal – 30 gms
- Apple – 1
- Cinnamon – 1/4 teaspoon
1. Start the preparation of the apple khichdi for babies by creating a smooth and velvety Apple puree.
2. For the perfect apple khichdi for babies, begin by soaking rice and dal together for 15 minutes. This step ensures the ideal texture and taste of the dish
3. rinse the soaked rice and dal thoroughly. Then, add 250 ml of water to the pressure cooker and cook the rice and dal until they are well done. This cooking process enhances the flavors and ensures a soft and creamy texture. Enjoy the wholesome goodness of this nutritious apple khichdi for babies!
4. After the rice-dal mix has cooled down, it’s time to add a delightful twist to the apple khichdi for babies. Mix the apple puree and a pinch of cinnamon powder into the cooked rice-dal mixture, ensuring all ingredients are well incorporated. Give it a good stir and serve this flavorful and nutritious dish to your little one. Watch their face light up with joy!
Most babies love some sweetness in their food, and you can indulge them without having to resort to unhealthy foods. So try this out for your baby and watch as it becomes his new favorite dish!
Apple Khichdi Recipe
- Rice - 100gm
- Moong dal - 30gm
- Apple - 1
- Cinnamon powder - 1/4 spoon
- Chop the apple into small pieces
- In a katori, steam them in a pressure cooker for 10 min.
- After they cool, blend them into puree
- Soak Rice and moong dal for 15 minutes.
- Cook Rice and moong dal together in a cooker allowing 3 whistles
- After the rice is cookes, coola nd add the apple puree to it