Ajwain Potli for Babies is a natural inhaler made with the traditional ingredient Ajwain. It is known to treat nasal congestion in babies and kids.
When I was a child, my grandmother was always ready with a remedy for any ailment – in her kitchen! I used to wonder how she managed to make medicine out of kitchen ingredients, but now I understand that Indian kitchens are the best place to find natural remedies!
One such ingredient is Ajwain or carom seeds. Ajwain is an Indian herb which has powerful antibacterial and antifungal along with anti-inflammatory effects as well. These make ajwain the perfect remedy for cough and cold as well as for nasal congestion in babies and kids.
If you’re wondering how to use ajwain for these common ailments, we’re here to help! Here is a 100% natural inhaler made out of ajwain – jwain potlis. These can quickly clear nasal congestion in babies, and are perfectly safe for use.
Ajwain Potli for Babies
- Muslin Cloth
1. Heat a pan.
2. Add Ajwain.
3. Dry roast till nice aroma comes.
4. Transfer the Roasted Ajwain to Muslin cloth
5. Wrap the cloth
6. Tie a knot to make a Potli
7. Ajwain Potli is ready
How to use Ajwain polti for babies and kids for cold and cough:
For Babies below 1 year, Ajwain Potli can be placed near baby’s Bedding at some distance. Inhaling the air can help in relieving nasal congestion.
For Toddlers, check if the potli is warm by placing in it your wrist. Then use it as a hot compress on your child’s chest, back, feet and palms to relieve from cold and wet cough.
- Muslin Cloth
- Heat a pan
- Add Ajwain
- Dry Roast till nice aroma comes
- Transfer the Roasted Ajwain to Muslin cloth
- Wrap the cloth
- Tie a knot to make a Potli
- Ajwain Potli is ready
- How to use Ajwain polti for babies and kids for cold and cough
- For Babies below 1 year, Ajwain Potli can be placed near baby's Bedding at some distance. Inhaling the air can help the baby in relieving nasal congestion.
- For Toddlers, check if the potli is warm by placing in it your wrist and give a hot compress on Kids chest, back, feet and palms to relieve from Cold and wet cough.