In winter, children may face the problem of dry skin, which can lead to itching and ulcers. Taking care of your little one’s skin is of vital importance during this season. Here are some amazing home remedies for dry skin for children to try this winter. Remember, each child is different, so always do a patch test before using any skin care products or home remedies for dry skin.
Home Remedies for Dry Skin In children
Breastmilk, a universal home remedy for many baby illnesses, can also be applied to dry areas of the skin. Additionally, breastmilk has been known to help with cough and cold, diarrhea, constipation, and conjunctivitis. It is a natural and gentle solution to consider for home remedies for dry skin in children.
2. Natural oils
Natural oils such as coconut oil and almond oil work wonders for baby’s skin, including dry skin. However, it’s important to note that each baby has a different skin type, so choose the oil accordingly. Natural oils can be a beneficial choice for home remedies for dry skin in children, providing nourishment and hydration to their delicate skin.
Coconut oil, one of nature’s easiest available home remedies for dry skin, works wonders in providing deep hydration and nourishment. With its rich texture and moisturizing properties, coconut oil is a fantastic natural solution for dry skin. Embrace the power of this home remedy to keep your skin soft, smooth, and well-moisturized, especially during the dry winter months.
How to use coconut oil ?
To use coconut oil as one of the home remedies for dry skin, massage a thin layer of coconut oil onto your body after bathing. This helps lock in moisture and keeps your skin hydrated throughout the day. If you’re concerned about the oiliness, you can also apply coconut oil a few hours before bathing and thoroughly wash it off. This allows your skin to absorb the nourishing benefits of the oil while preventing excessive greasiness. Incorporate this simple and effective method into your skincare routine to combat dry skin with the natural goodness of coconut oil.
How does coconut oil work for preventing dry skin?
- It retains the moisture content of the skin.
- Protects skin from microbes.
- Repairs the skin and gives a healthy glow.
- It is great skin softener.
Almond oil is also one of the excellent home remedies for dry skin. When using almond oil, opt for plain pure almond oil without added fragrances or ingredients. Almonds are naturally rich in Vitamin E and antioxidants, which nourish and moisturize the skin. You can use almond oil for massage and apply it all over your body. Its hydrating properties help replenish moisture and improve the overall condition of your skin. Embrace the benefits of almond oil as a natural solution for dry skin and enjoy its nourishing effects.
You can buy Organic Almond Oil by clicking the link.
Avocados are nutritional powerhouse providing numerous potential health benefits.
Mash the Avocado and apply it over your child’s dry skin area. Leave for 10 minutes and wash off.
Avocado oil can also be used.
Aloevera is a natural moisturizer with antifungal and antibacterial properties.
It is best to use fresh aloevera gel from the plant. Aloevera grows quickly and having an aloevera plant at home will come handy this winter.
How to use the Aloevera for your child?
- Cut a piece from the aloevera plant.
- Squeeze the gel onto to your palm.
- Place a small amount of the gel in your index finger and apply it gently over the child’s skin in the areas of dryness.
- Work till the gel completely disappears and is absorbed into the skin.
- It can be used once or twice a day during winter.
Please note – Keep the alovera plant away from children and pets.
Oats are a wonderful and one of the safe home remedies for addressing your little one’s dry skin concerns.
How does oats help prevent dry skin?
- Oats has anti inflammatory effects and it suits most of the skin types, even the sensitive ones.
- Oats contain saponins , a mild cleansing agent.
- oats help remove dead cells and helps in exfoliating the skin.
How to use oats for your child?
- Grind the oats to a fine powder.
- Add 2 teaspoon of the ground oats powder to bath water tub and mix well.
- Virgin Olive oil also can be added to the bath water.
- Allow it to soak for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Also you can tie the whole oats in a muslin cloth and place inside the water for 15-20 minutes.
- This can be done 2-3 times during the winter months.
- Be very cautious while bathing the child in the tub, as it may be very slippery due to the oats.
Consult your pediatrician before trying out any new procedure for your child.
I would love to hear from you, What do you do to prevent dry skin ?
To receive the updates directly to your inbox, sign for our newsletter for free Here. We promise not to spam your inbox 🙂