In winter especially children face the problem of dry skin sometimes it may too dry leading itching and ulcers. It is of vital importance to take care of your’s little one’s skin in winter, Here are some amazing home remedies for dry skin for children this Winter.
Each child is different, what works with one child may not suit another, so always do a patch test before using any skin care products or home remedies for dry skin.
Home Remedies for Dry Skin In children
If you are breastfeeding your baby, then you can apply breastmilk over the dry areas.
Breastmilk is an Universal Home Remedy for many baby illnesses. Tweet this
Breastmilk can also help curing
2. Natural oils
Natural Oils like coconut oil, almond oil do wonders to baby’s skin.
Please Note – Each baby has a different skin type, choose the oil accordingly.
Coconut oil is one of easiest available nature’s moisturizer!!!
How to use coconut oil ?
- Massage a thin layer of coconut oil throughout the body after bath.
- If you feel it might be very oily after bath, it can be applied several hours before bath and washed off completely.
How does coconut oil work for preventing dry skin?
- It retains the moisture content of the skin.
- Protects skin from microbes.
- Repairs the skin and gives a healthy glow.
- It is great skin softener.
Almond oil also can be used to massage and apply over the body. Avoid the fragrant ones as they may have added ingredients. Use Plain pure almond oil.
Almonds are rich in Vitamin E and antioxidants and help in nourishing and moisturizing the skin.
You can buy Organic Almond Oil by clicking the link.
Avocados are nutritional powerhouse providing numerous potential health benefits.
Mash the Avocado and apply it over your child’s dry skin area. Leave for 10 minutes and wash off.
Avocado oil can also be used.
Aloevera is a natural moisturizer with antifungal and antibacterial properties.
It is best to use fresh aloevera gel from the plant. Aloevera grows quickly and having an aloevera plant at home will come handy this winter.
How to use the Aloevera for your child?
- Cut a piece from the aloevera plant.
- Squeeze the gel onto to your palm.
- Place a small amount of the gel in your index finger and apply it gently over the child’s skin in the areas of dryness.
- Work till the gel completely disappears and is absorbed into the skin.
- It can be used once or twice a day during winter.
Please note – Keep the alovera plant away from children and pets.
Oats is another amazing and safe home remedy for your little one’s dry skin.
How does oats help prevent dry skin?
- Oats has anti inflammatory effects and it suits most of the skin types, even the sensitive ones.
- Oats contain saponins , a mild cleansing agent.
- oats help remove dead cells and helps in exfoliating the skin.
How to use oats for your child?
- Grind the oats to a fine powder.
- Add 2 teaspoon of the ground oats powder to bath water tub and mix well.
- Virgin Olive oil also can be added to the bath water.
- Allow it to soak for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Also you can tie the whole oats in a muslin cloth and place inside the water for 15-20 minutes.
- This can be done 2-3 times during the winter months.
- Be very cautious while bathing the child in the tub, as it may be very slippery due to the oats.
Consult your pediatrician before trying out any new procedure for your child.
I would love to hear from you, What do you do to prevent dry skin ?
This is one of the post in our Winter Series, click the link for the other posts.
To receive the updates directly to your inbox, sign for our newsletter for free Here. We promise not to spam your inbox 🙂