Dry skin is the biggest challenge for children during winter.Nothing compares to a homemade moisturizer for dry skin. I searched through a lot of recipes and found this one to be very suitable for my children as they tolerate the basic ingredients well.
This is a very simple recipe and will suit most of the kids. To be on the safer side, always do a Patch test for added precaution.
This homemade moisturizer for dry skin can be used daily and it is the best ever recipe I have ever used 🙂
Homemade Moisturizer for Dry Skin
Powdered Oats – 1/4 cup
Coconut oil – 3/4 cup
Olive Oil – 1 Tablespoon
Please Note – I have used parachute coconut oil, virgin coconut oil can also be used for more effectiveness.
1. Heat the coconut oil in low flame in a Kadai.
2. Add the powdered oats to the coconut oil and stir continuously while adding slowly.
3. It will froth a little, take care that the oats powder is completely dissolved in the coconut oil.
4. Keep in low flame and stir it or else the the oil will be burnt.
5. Add olive oil stir for a second and switch off the gas.
6. Pour the moisturizer in a storage container. I used a small glass jar.
7. Since the temperature was hovering around 7 – 10 degree Celsius in Raipur, the moisturizer hardened in a few hours. It can take upto to several hours if climate is hot or you can try refrigerating it for a few hours.
8. Store it in a cool place.
9. Apply over hands and feet as needed.
If you know any other useful homemade moisturizer recipe, do comment below 🙂
More Homemade DIY Moisturizer Recipes for Dry Skin
Love this Post ? Connect with us
Connect with us on PINTEREST!
Join our awesome group of parents on Facebook!
Pin it up for future reference